News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Surferboy567

I don’t believe that centerpiece is a permanent installation. It’s just showing a possible look for the festival of the holidays.
It changes based on the festival? That could be cool, but it is also seen in the (what I think is the food and wine art) behind Remy. It’s kinda hard to make out though.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I didn’t mind they tore the old building at first…..but now to see this random sharp edged square building…..this is ridiculous.
Right!? First we tare down then rebuild it... but square. They should have just renovated the building kept the style so the center part matched the other side and then opened the back side as shown in the concept art more or less. No comment on if this is the best use of the space but it would look a whole lot better and keep with the style in the rest of the hub/center spine area.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
B23BF6C7-1F90-4133-A2F0-2A758F3024E3.jpeg

Bocabear

So the centerpiece of Communicore is a planter? and they rebuilt a smaller scale cheap looking building in place of the monumentally scaled original building? I guess Dreamers Point is just the flower beds closer to Spaceship Earth... Wow I always thought the plans were wonky and uninspired, but this is an all new low... I guess they are showing christmas decor in the concept to say that the displays will change seasonally.... but wow this is sad

Clamman73

Why not have the same build-style as Connections and Creations? These sharp angles of the new building don't match well with the rounded shapes of the original buildings right across.
If they actually put that amount of trees in as in the concept, from eye level it won’t seem so sharpy. (Plus I suspect an angular building is cheaper to build than rounded one)

Sir_Cliff

I'm kind of glad just to have some idea of what they have planned for the centre of the park finally.

Interested to see that the plans to redesign the Earth Station building behind SSE seem to have been abandoned. Looks like they're just going to try and hide it with trees.

I don't think I hate the new festival building as much as other people on here seem to. A plus is that it restores some of the symmetry to the plaza. A minus is that it looks very generic. They seem to want a building that's more open to the central plaza than the Communicore buildings, which I get. It looks like they could have done a better job at echoing the architectural style of the the buildings across the plaza, though, rather than... SSE?

The plaza itself looks nice and green; basically a park. Disappointing there is no fountain and, it seems, real focal point. That planter in the Epcot logo looks like it will be pretty small and underwhelming in person and just basically a place to stick whatever the latest promotional decorations may be.

GladToBeHear

Why not have the same build-style as Connections and Creations? These sharp angles of the new building don't match well with the rounded shapes of the original buildings right across.
I didn’t mind they tore the old building at first…..but now to see this random sharp edged square building…..this is ridiculous.
I think it depends on how permanent that new festival building is. If they still plan on replacing it with the coffee table at some point -- I don't mind the asymmetrical look (as much). And at this point -- it would be difficult to try and replicate the same exact design as the east building.

James Alucobond

Disappointed. This isn't really the worst thing that could have happened, but I was holding out some hope they'd just revert to the original plans once they got going again. Without the architectural centerpiece, all of the work they did seems even more gratuitous. I don't hate this; it's just kind of eh to me at this point.

Also worth noting that the facade of Project Tomorrow now looks blocked in by trees, so they're not redoing that as originally planned, I imagine.

Sir_Cliff

Disappointed. This isn't really the worst thing that could have happened, but I was holding out some hope they'd just revert to the original plans once they got going again. Without the architectural centerpiece, all of the work they did seems even more gratuitous. I don't hate this; it's just kind of eh to me at this point.
Yes, I don't find it offensive. It's more what was the point of all that work if this is the end result?

Sir_Cliff

Exactly. Just plant the trees today and bring down the walls with the level of effort they ended up putting in.
Yes, it feels the past few years of disruption have been completely unnecessary. This makes it look like they could have just put in the new planters bit by bit, refurbed the Communicore building, etc. without turning the entire center of the park into a construction zone for, what, 4 years? It's also harder to see what the payoff is for losing things like the Fountain of Nations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom