News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

mightynine

The problem is there's no real unifying theme anymore to the front of the park (other than you know, The Walt Disney Company's Intellectual Property not hindered by prior contractual obligations) that lends itself to an easy name, just like Future World was out-of-date with the direction the park is going.

The neighborhoods have no differentiation between them other that different colored trash cans and the flags have different colors at the moment, so they are basically non-starters - and honestly, people are going to continue to use the attractions/pavilions as wayfinding landmarks, just like before.

So what do you? I'd say you just find one name for the front of the park - Discovery World might've worked, I guess.

Last edited:

jadebenn

Is it possible to feel nostalgia for a time before you even existed?
s-l1600.jpg
This picture seems to suggest the answer is a strong yes.

I'm not a park fanatic, but EPCOT (and Futureworld in particular) has always been my favorite of the parks. I've been reading this thread, and to see it in this state is... depressing.

Bocabear

When you see that final paint job on the old Communicore buildings it is absolutely jarring how ugly it is...Especially now they are returning the buildings to a closer color to the original.
Who the heck approved that awful color scheme? Or was it to purposely make the buildings look so bad that no one would disagree with their demolition later?
Yikes!

vikescaper

Is it possible to feel nostalgia for a time before you even existed?

This picture seems to suggest the answer is a strong yes.

I'm not a park fanatic, but EPCOT (and Futureworld in particular) has always been my favorite of the parks. I've been reading this thread, and to see it in this state is... depressing.
I really hope the “Dreamers Point” ends up looking like this. It’s a shame that they filled in these waterways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom