Big Brother 22 “All Stars 2” - Discussion and Speculation Thread

BrianLo

I dunno.. CBS I want to see that vote count. Very surprised Ty didn't win.

I think Tyler is a very kind human being in all regards... but honestly he tried to quit. Maybe his mental health was not in the best shape which I don't blame him for, but there wasn't really strong circumstantial reason for him to be so miserable. He was in a strong alliance, doing well, had good peer supports in the house and frankly his sudden co-dependency on a girlfriend doesn't really compare to all the players with kids (or even sick and/or dying family members).

It showed a strange lack of resiliency in an all star season. I don't dislike him in any way, but he wasn't really at his best this year.

manmythlegend

I think Tyler is a very kind human being in all regards... but honestly he tried to quit. Maybe his mental health was not in the best shape which I don't blame him for, but there wasn't really strong circumstantial reason for him to be so miserable. He was in a strong alliance, doing well, had good peer supports in the house and frankly his sudden co-dependency on a girlfriend doesn't really compare to all the players with kids (or even sick and/or dying family members).

It showed a strange lack of resiliency in an all star season. I don't dislike him in any way, but he wasn't really at his best this year.
I get all that but the award isn't MVP or Most Deserving. It's American's Favorite Player. And despite all those faults with Tyler this season, he was still my favorite. I found him to generally be the most likeable. And I tell you what, had Enzo decided to vote out Nicole instead of David, there was a damn good chance that Ty would have won it all.

BrianLo

I get all that but the award isn't MVP or Most Deserving. It's American's Favorite Player. And despite all those faults with Tyler this season, he was still my favorite. I found him to generally be the most likeable. And I tell you what, had Enzo decided to vote out Nicole instead of David, there was a damn good chance that Ty would have won it all.

Absolutely fair, just also explaining why he really wasn't my favourite. His heart wasn't in it this year and it made him kind of sad to watch. I probably would have preferentially listed him if he hadn't tried to quit... and picked better people to associate with.

Certainly not the fall from grace that Nicole A. underwent though.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Janelle And Kaysar were far more likeable. I’d go as far to say that Kaysar is the nicest and most likeable person to ever play the game, tied with Jason Guy. Janelle And Kaysar topped all of the fan polls. However, AFP isn’t exactly a “popularity contest”.

Most of the people who loved Janelle And Kaysar voted for Da’Vonne, and that was for a multitude of reasons, beyond the game itself. Most of the people (and I say most not all) who were voting Tyler are “newer” audience members (started at 16) who only watch the TV Show. Out of the dominant alliance, yes Tyler was the most deserving. But all things considered, he wasn’t the most likeable, and I didn’t even consider cheering him on until he was left with the houseguests I hated, 3 of which are the most unlikeable people to ever play.

Little Green Men

Janelle And Kaysar were far more likeable. I’d go as far to say that Kaysar is the nicest and most likeable person to ever play the game, tied with Jason Guy. Janelle And Kaysar topped all of the fan polls. However, AFP isn’t exactly a “popularity contest”.

Most of the people who loved Janelle And Kaysar voted for Da’Vonne, and that was for a multitude of reasons, beyond the game itself. Most of the people (and I say most not all) who were voting Tyler are “newer” audience members (started at 16) who only watch the TV Show. Out of the dominant alliance, yes Tyler was the most deserving. But all things considered, he wasn’t the most likeable, and I didn’t even consider cheering him on until he was left with the houseguests I hated, 3 of which are the most unlikeable people to ever play.
Agreed, I am a huge Jaysar fan and voted for Day

manmythlegend

I'm kind of surprised at the love for Kaysar. He seems like a nice guy, he's an OG. But he's a pretty bad player. He's played 3 seasons and I don't think he's ever made jury.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
I'm kind of surprised at the love for Kaysar. He seems like a nice guy, he's an OG. But he's a pretty bad player. He's played 3 seasons and I don't think he's ever made jury.
I don’t think that makes him a bad player. In Season 6, he was screwed early because of his partner. In this season, he was targeted from the get go.

I don’t think he was great in 7, but he had just played the previous summer and his head wasn’t in it.

manmythlegend

I don’t think that makes him a bad player. In Season 6, he was screwed early because of his partner. In this season, he was targeted from the get go.

I don’t think he was great in 7, but he had just played the previous summer and his head wasn’t in it.
Really? You can only judge the quality of a player by the results they generate. And his results aren't good, regardless of the reason why. He's had 3 chances to get it done and fails each time.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Really? You can only judge the quality of a player by the results they generate. And his results aren't good, regardless of the reason why. He's had 3 chances to get it done and fails each time.
I don’t agree with that at all. If you can only judge a player by results and statistics, Cody is the best Big Brother player of all time. And if you’ve been watching the show for a long time, you know that just isn’t the case.

Players who return immediately after their previous season typically repeat their same mistakes. Kaysar, James, Howie, Nicole A, Da’Vonne, Asian James, David. Janelle is the acception due to her company wins on All Stars, And Rachel had production propping her up.

Kaysar’s chances this season were well out of his control. He had mostly great reads, but was dealt a horrible hand with the cast, and was the first target right out of the door.

Throughout his BB Career, I can place two bad moves. Throwing the Pressure Cooker comp, and choosing to go after Floaters instead of Chill Town.

manmythlegend

I don’t agree with that at all. If you can only judge a player by results and statistics, Cody is the best Big Brother player of all time. And if you’ve been watching the show for a long time, you know that just isn’t the case.

Players who return immediately after their previous season typically repeat their same mistakes. Kaysar, James, Howie, Nicole A, Da’Vonne, Asian James, David. Janelle is the acception due to her company wins on All Stars, And Rachel had production propping her up.

Kaysar’s chances this season were well out of his control. He had mostly great reads, but was dealt a horrible hand with the cast, and was the first target right out of the door.

Throughout his BB Career, I can place two bad moves. Throwing the Pressure Cooker comp, and choosing to go after Floaters instead of Chill Town.
Kaysar played horribly this season. He needed to ingratiate himself to the people at the top but he seemed reluctant to do so. Instead, he just said screw it and decided he was going to fall into a predictable strategy of aligning himself with Janelle who was also a major target. But, okay, even if you want to cut him a break for this season. There are still the first 2 seasons he played where he failed to make jury, again regardless of the reason.

In my book, 3 strikes you're out.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Kaysar played horribly this season. He needed to ingratiate himself to the people at the top but he seemed reluctant to do so. Instead, he just said screw it and decided he was going to fall into a predictable strategy of aligning himself with Janelle who was also a major target. But, okay, even if you want to cut him a break for this season. There are still the first 2 seasons he played where he failed to make jury, again regardless of the reason.

In my book, 3 strikes you're out.
Did you get amnesia and forget about the pregame alliance or the week 1 feeds? Kaysar’s name was in Cody’s mouth before they even talked. He kept trying. Even after he played safety (which he 100% needed to) he kept trying and Cody wouldn’t bite.

Anything else is just revisionist history.

And in my book, if you use someone else outside of the game to help you forge unbreakable relationships and alliances in a season, you’re not a valid player to me. That’s why Cody is a mediocre winner to me, and Nicole is an awful winner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom