Big air travel shake-up for UK visitors flying to Orlando

Kyledychchi

I’m ditching the plans until next year, when next year is still to be decided ! I can’t force my 5 year old to wear a mask in that heat every day in the parks, especially when their usual temperature in sunny South Wales ! I’m hoping there would be a more relaxed atmosphere next year instead, plus it’s MK’s 50th !

The Mighty Tim

I'm tentatively planning to reschedule for September 2021. By the time that rolls around, it will have been 2.5 years since the trip was booked, given that we'd booked the trip in April 2019!

Andy_0410

Booked mine in April 2019 for end of September to tried to login to the Virgin Atlantic website to see my flight details and keeps telling me not available at this time

Jon81uk

My flight beginning of July is still going ahead according to Virgin Holidays from Gatwick, l am just waiting for it all to be cancelled
No sure when Mr Trump will let us fly to the USA but l cant see it being any time soon.

I don't think the US has put any restrictions on UK citizens entering the USA, only on EU citizens. Its the FCO advice that only essential travel should take place that is causing cancellations of outgoing trips from the UK.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think the US has put any restrictions on UK citizens entering the USA, only on EU citizens. Its the FCO advice that only essential travel should take place that is causing cancellations of outgoing trips from the UK.

There is a ban. It was very quickly extended to include the UK.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Any word on the dates? We're scheduled to fly to the UK in July, but not if it's 2 weeks quarantined.

UK Government just announced anyone coming into the UK will have to self isolate for 14 days starting 8th June, and this will be reviewed every 3 weeks going forward

We just canceled our UK trip. American Airlines was extremely helpful and gave us a full refund. BA on the other hand... I'm going to have to file a chargeback.

Andy_0410

So disney are cancelling Disney dining plan to September 2021
Anyone knows how this effects booking with virgin and it being added for free?

nickys

Premium Member
So disney are cancelling Disney dining plan to September 2021
Anyone knows how this effects booking with virgin and it being added for free?
You’ll have to ask Virgin.

But people who booked direct with Disney at rack rates but with free dining are left with their expensive rooms and no dining. Disney are offering a re-booking with 35% discount.

But you won’t get free dining. Whether Virgin offer some other discount is up to them and what they negotiate with Disney. You should at least get the chance to cancel.

The Mighty Tim

You’ll have to ask Virgin.

But people who booked direct with Disney at rack rates but with free dining are left with their expensive rooms and no dining. Disney are offering a re-booking with 35% discount.

But you won’t get free dining. Whether Virgin offer some other discount is up to them and what they negotiate with Disney. You should at least get the chance to cancel.

I keep hearing about this 35% discount thing, but I've not found any mention of it on the WDW site.

Incidentally, I had an email from WDW Travel UK this afternoon about my upcoming trip:

Dear Guest,

Following the recent announcements about the reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort we are sure that you may have questions about how this affects your booking. We are writing to assure you that we are working diligently to be able to provide answers to all of your questions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information about how these changes affect your booking we will be in contact to advise you of the options that are available. We kindly request that you wait for us to email with more information and to not call us, as we will unlikely be able to answer your questions at this time.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we work to welcome you back to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kind Regards,

Walt Disney Travel Company Internationa

nickys

Premium Member
I keep hearing about this 35% discount thing, but I've not found any mention of it on the WDW site.

It isn’t on the UK site, because there are different T&Cs for the U.K. site. And it hasn’t been clarified what those are.

I have seen it posted, just not sure where just now. But as I say, it doesn’t apply to those who didn’t book direct through the US site.

The Mighty Tim

It isn’t on the UK site, because there are different T&Cs for the U.K. site. And it hasn’t been clarified what those are.

I have seen it posted, just not sure where just now. But as I say, it doesn’t apply to those who didn’t book direct through the US site.

Ah right. That would be why I couldn't find it!

nickys

Premium Member

Mav

Booked mine in April 2019 for end of September to tried to login to the Virgin Atlantic website to see my flight details and keeps telling me not available at this time

Virgin Atlantic announced earlier today that they will resume service to Orlando from Heathrow starting July 20th.

Kyledychchi

I’ve cancelled my package and taken a voucher to rebook later on in the year to travel late 2021. Hope everyone else gets the result that they set out for ! I believe I’d be safe if I went this year but 100% of the price for 50% of the magic really isn’t worth it IMO.

Mav

Well hopefully the ban on us entering will be lifted by then!

I sure hope so. I currently hold a reservation for August 14th and I'm from Belgium.
I'll be flying from Brussels connecting through Frankfurt, but Lufthansa hasn't said a word about their Orlando-route yet.

Andy_0410

I’ve cancelled my package and taken a voucher to rebook later on in the year to travel late 2021. Hope everyone else gets the result that they set out for ! I believe I’d be safe if I went this year but 100% of the price for 50% of the magic really isn’t worth it IMO.
Agreed though I’m annoyed I had a free dining plan and Virgin haven’t mentioned this at all in my offer to keep or change
Guess a long wait on the phone to speak to someone is needed 🤦🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom