Big air travel shake-up for UK visitors flying to Orlando

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
So. assuming that there's still a UK-Orlando market after normalcy returns somewhat... LHR-MCO? Or connecting via MIA/JFK/etc?

The Mighty Tim

So. assuming that there's still a UK-Orlando market after normalcy returns somewhat... LHR-MCO? Or connecting via MIA/JFK/etc?

I'd prefer LHR. It's slightly easier to get to from where I am. For connecting though, I'd say ATL is more likely, as it's a hub.

Assuming it doesn't implode, Virgin Atlantic still flies LGW-MCO.

Kyledychchi

Gatwick only accounted for a very small percentage of operations but still a blow for workers and customers alike. I fly with Virgin so the impact doesn’t hit home as hard as it would for others.

Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
I'd prefer LHR. It's slightly easier to get to from where I am. For connecting though, I'd say ATL is more likely, as it's a hub.

Assuming it doesn't implode, Virgin Atlantic still flies LGW-MCO.

The reason I think MIA would be more likely, is that it's an AA hub, there's at least 4 nonstops between MIA-LHR on BA/AA, 6-7 nonstops daily between MIA-MCO, and BA/AA have a transatlantic joint venture.

Also, if Virgin survives, ATL, JFK, and MIA connections will likely happen, since Virgin and Delta have a transatlantic joint venture, and DL has several dailly JFK/ATL-MCO nonstops, plus is starting MIA-MCO nonstops this year.

Then there's always the options of connecting via third country - Air Canada, Aer Lingus, Westjet, etc.

mkt

Premium Member
We always fly Aer Lingus from BHX via DUB, connections are not great on return, but the fact can clear US immigration etc. in DUB more than makes up

US CBP agents at airports are among the worst government employees I've ever encountered.. And I say that as a US citizen with global entry.

The Mighty Tim

I'm supposed to be going on Virgin to Orlando in September, but we're alresdy considering postponing to September 2021 instead.

How we'll get there is an entirely different matter.

DreamalittleDisney

I originally booked for May 2020 with thomas Cook theg went bust ..

Rebooked with TUI.. corona virus got that cancelled....

Rebooked with virgin for flights 3 weeks ago ..🤣

Maybe mickey doesn't want me back!!

Flights are from Manchester so fingers crossed mine are OK

Trekkie101

Virgin 747 cabin crews at GLA have been playing around with the A350 doing touch and go rounds, and the long term plan was for the high density A350's to replace the 747, so I'd imagine MCO is going to make the jump to those.

I really did like both the A340 and the 747 :(

jeanericuser001

I wonder if this will cause extra traffic for Tampa International. Its pretty much the next closest international airport so some people may just fly into tampa then drive from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom