News Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique returns to Magic Kingdom in August 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"I’m pleased to share that earlier today, a magical proclamation was found in Fantasyland announcing a very special return. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will soon welcome young guests once again for royal head-to-toe transformations at both Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort on August 25.

Our cast members – Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices – will transform guests ages 3 to 12 into some of their favorite Disney characters with hairstyling, makeup, costumes and accessories. In addition, the reopening ushers in even more options to choose from, including a new hair accessory especially designed for textured hair and new costumes featuring some of Disney’s newest heroes and heroines coming later this year.

Located in the heart of Magic Kingdom and Disneyland park, the reopening of these two iconic locations will join the slate of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques aboard Disney Cruise Line, including the newest addition at sea on the Disney Wish. And stay tuned for more details about Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and Disney Springs, which will reopen at a later date."

"Guests may begin making reservations for these magical transformations in early August only in the My Disney Experience app and Disneyland App, or at DisneyWorld.com and Disneyland.com. Valid admission and park reservations are required for entry into Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park."

Stupido

I love the update to Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices as opposed to Fairy Godmother's in Training. I would have loved to be able to work at BBB when I was a cast member back in 2010. Also seeing options for boys to be made over into princes is really incredible too. I haven't kept up to date with the BBB since I was working in the parks, so maybe none of this is new, but still always great seeing more and more options being offered here.

DisneyDreamer08

I’m excited to see the new options. My kids have been a few times and on our next trip, they will be 12 and 7. I’m wondering what the non princess options might look like for my 12 year old.

DisneyDreamer08

Ill be there day after it opens to start my trip but w theheat not sure my daughter gonna want to walk around in a dress all day long lol.
We did a big fluffy princess dress the first time and my daughter was sweating the whole day. In 2020 we did these multi princess tank style dresses. It worked out much better. My younger daughters was a little too big so she unfortunately had to wear a shirt underneath.
58A19492-1619-446B-8E54-F5D88F2BFC75.jpeg

6440E8E7-CD4C-4DE9-BD0F-BFC1187FB098.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Is this worth it for an almost 4 year old? And how do you usually book appointments?
I always found it worth it with the previous pricing. We always got the cheapest package and brought our own dresses. They do hair, nails & makeup. The kids get a hair accessory (bow, small tiara, colored braid), a sash, a drawstring bag, plus they get to keep the makeup and nail polish that was used on the them. The Fairy Godmothers in Training were always super friendly and great with kids. We have always loved it and found it be a great deal.

natatomic

There are also some furloughed FGiTs still that offer their BBB training skills privately. They’ll come to your room and do the makeovers there. It’s really quite nice. I think the price is comparable to Disney’s (bet it’ll be less expensive once it reopens at Disney), but all the money goes to the lady instead of Disney. I do photography, and I’ve shot about 2 dozen of them since covid shut them down. But it sounds like many of the ones who turned FGiTing into a side business don’t plan on going back.

drizgirl

There are also some furloughed FGiTs still that offer their BBB training skills privately. They’ll come to your room and do the makeovers there. It’s really quite nice. I think the price is comparable to Disney’s (bet it’ll be less expensive once it reopens at Disney), but all the money goes to the lady instead of Disney. I do photography, and I’ve shot about 2 dozen of them since covid shut them down. But it sounds like many of the ones who turned FGiTing into a side business don’t plan on going back.
Maybe Disney will have to start making their minimum wage hair braiders sign non compete agreements. :joyfull:

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

The cheapest princess package currently listed online is $100 😳 Unless there is cheaper one when you actually make a reservation. This is a big jump. Although it does include a T-shirt. I’m wondering if the standard hair/nails/makeup package will still be an option.
43729CF7-BDA9-40D0-B0BF-35971D687F8B.png

TerriLM

That price doesn't even include the tutu anymore it looks like. We used to get the package with the t-shirt and tutu and it was right about that amount. I wish I could remember what we paid in 2019 just for the makeovers. My DD did this every year since she was 3 and we have such wonderful memories. She obviously missed out in 2020 and for a long time we had planned for her 13th birthday in April of 2021 to be her last visit but we know how that went. On the bright side, her last time was a visit with her 2 cousins so that was a pretty good send off. I hope many more families can have the wonderful memories that we have (oh and the one where she was 3 and by the time we walked next door to CRT to eat, she was already screaming about her hair being too tight - that first one lasted until just after breakfast when we returned and they helped get her hair just into a ponytail!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom