News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
1674082661259.png

1674082675929.png

1674082766856.png

1674082700347.png

180º

What a stupid response.... Yes you can design a restaurant to look like a boat...obviously... but docking the existing boat and turning it into...why am I even bothering to explain.
I wasn’t going to say anything because I agree that turning the Liberty Belle into a restaurant is laughably impractical. But if we’re getting really technical, isn’t Paddlefish—in all fairness and despite decades of mangling—what remains of the Empress Lilly?

UNCgolf

I wasn’t going to say anything because I agree that turning the Liberty Belle into a restaurant is laughably impractical. But if we’re getting really technical, isn’t Paddlefish—in all fairness and despite decades of mangling—what remains of the Empress Lilly?

Wasn't the Empress Lilly always like that, though? I don't think it was ever a functioning boat; I'm pretty sure it was built/designed from the start as stationary restaurant space.

lazyboy97o

Empress Lily was always a building. And it’s not that a boat can’t be a restaurant, the issue is with the amount of space available. You can convert a retail space into a restaurant, it happens all of the time, but turning the Main Street Cinema into a restaurant wouldn’t be very practical because it’s a small space.

Fox&Hound

I suggested parking the ferry and making it a tiana restaurant near splash mountain and then redoing TSI into different attraction space and connecting as you mentioned.

Regardless, to me the MK is the last park of the 4 that needs expansion and more guests attracted to it
Or add a rare character meet and greet to TSI and advertise it on the app. Or a rare food or drink offering at Aunt Polly’s that you can only get there. But give guests a new reason to go explore the island and that would add capacity.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What a stupid response.... Yes you can design a restaurant to look like a boat...obviously... but docking the existing boat and turning it into...why am I even bothering to explain.
Tsk, tsk -- you seemingly lack the imagination to see it, or you've no incentive to monetize the MK experience... or both.

The concept is not a "boat-shaped restaurant." The concept is that tourists will pay -- handsomely! -- to dine on theme park food in a unique, historic setting (in this case, Rivers of America on board the Liberty Belle) in the middle of the Magic Kingdom. They won't care how big it is, or how packed it is, or that the food doesn't actually get cooked aboard the boat.

If they can serve a meal in the Haunted Mansion*, it'd be a piece of cake to convert the paddlewheeler into an exclusive dining venue.

* Which can, does, and has happened

celluloid

If they can serve a meal in the Haunted Mansion*, it'd be a piece of cake to convert the paddlewheeler into an exclusive dining venue.

Tables in Wonderland failed though. They realized they don't have to put much effort into dining anymore. They can just regurgitate the left overs that kind of make it look like the attraction*

*Roundup Rodeo bbq

yensidtlaw1969

Tsk, tsk -- you seemingly lack the imagination to see it, or you've no incentive to monetize the MK experience... or both.

The concept is not a "boat-shaped restaurant." The concept is that tourists will pay -- handsomely! -- to dine on theme park food in a unique, historic setting (in this case, Rivers of America on board the Liberty Belle) in the middle of the Magic Kingdom. They won't care how big it is, or how packed it is, or that the food doesn't actually get cooked aboard the boat.

You're definitely the one whose perspective is lacking here.

Obviously they *could* turn the Liberty Belle into a restaurant. But there are far bigger concerns than just whether or not they can.

That meals have been served on rare occassion inside The Haunted Mansion is so practically irrelevant that seeing you bring it up here is telling.

180º

Wasn't the Empress Lilly always like that, though? I don't think it was ever a functioning boat; I'm pretty sure it was built/designed from the start as stationary restaurant space.

Empress Lily was always a building. And it’s not that a boat can’t be a restaurant, the issue is with the amount of space available. You can convert a retail space into a restaurant, it happens all of the time, but turning the Main Street Cinema into a restaurant wouldn’t be very practical because it’s a small space.
This is me learning the Empress Lilly was never a functioning boat. Here I was, thinking it had chugged up and down the Sassagoula River once upon a time. D’oh!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You're definitely the one whose perspective is lacking here.

Obviously they *could* turn the Liberty Belle into a restaurant. But there are far bigger concerns than just whether or not they can.

That meals have been served on rare occassion inside The Haunted Mansion is so practically irrelevant that seeing you bring it up here is telling.
Did you know that as part of those HM meals, they used the Liberty Belle as a pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres serving area? See the link?

They can turn practically any venue in any park into a dining location... how can it be "irrelevant" if they've done it?

All it takes is imagination and the gumption to try it. Of course, with The Eiger Counter back in charge, I must admit it's highly unlikely.

Where have all the people of imagination disappeared to... Universal Studios?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom