News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Br0ckford

In addition to inclusion, I feel there is currently more buzz around both Coco and Encanto right now. Tangled was a big deal when it came out. It made twice as much as the Princess and the Frog and was ultimately what pushed Disney over the edge into permanently committing to CGI animated movies. However, I feel like once Frozen came out, it really overshadowed Tangled.

I think the main reason Tangled isn't getting a ride is that the only ride system that would make sense is a boat ride, and Princess and the Frog is better suited for that.

I think Tangled would benefit more from a 30-minute stage show or a sit-down restaurant.
You have a whole bathroom area. What more can they do?
ERppRBuX0AYFQaW.jpeg.jpg

DCLcruiser

In addition to inclusion, I feel there is currently more buzz around both Coco and Encanto right now. Tangled was a big deal when it came out. It made twice as much as the Princess and the Frog and was ultimately what pushed Disney over the edge into permanently committing to CGI animated movies. However, I feel like once Frozen came out, it really overshadowed Tangled.

I think the main reason Tangled isn't getting a ride is that the only ride system that would make sense is a boat ride, and Princess and the Frog is better suited for that.

I think Tangled would benefit more from a 30-minute stage show or a sit-down restaurant.
I think all that hair would be a Health Code violation.

ToTBellHop

You thought Epic Universe wouldn't be built. So, you're no expert on this.
Well, I think he is right that it won’t be open in four years and that this will hit 300 pages. Whatever is built is meant to open in phases in the 2025-2030 window. Along with the DAK projects. I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if “all” we get is Moana, Encanto, and Coco. Don’t really care about Zoo but I’ll be sad if Villain land still isn’t built.

FigmentFan82

Well, I think he is right that it won’t be open in four years and that this will hit 300 pages. Whatever is built is meant to open in phases in the 2025-2030 window. Along with the DAK projects. I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if “all” we get is Moana, Encanto, and Coco. Don’t really care about Zoo but I’ll be sad if Villain land still isn’t built.
Well said

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Absolutely but Encanto may not be a ride at all.
A walk-thru attraction would be a serviceable option so long as it's a people-eater with enough activations. Maybe a maze?

Ideally, I'd prefer a combo of the two - or is it three? A walk-thru attraction doubling as a queue which ends at either an M & G experience or a ride depending on which door of Casa De Encanto the guest(s) take. It would allow for all age types to get their Encanto on. As for the ride type, maybe a Vekoma Mad House allowing for a retelling of the story with the house cracking and falling apart before ultimately being restored through the magic of familia.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Wouldn't it make more sense to build the Villain's Lair land and a couple attractions based on that, just beyond the Haunted Mansion? Begin the expansion that way....it would feel like a natural expansion of Fantasyland...beginning the transition with HM and then proceeding through a cave portal into the Villain's Lair area... It is a natural fit and a better fit than Zootopia, Coco, or Encanto...

EPCOT-O.G.

Wouldn't it make more sense to build the Villain's Lair land and a couple attractions based on that, just beyond the Haunted Mansion? Begin the expansion that way....it would feel like a natural expansion of Fantasyland...beginning the transition with HM and then proceeding through a cave portal into the Villain's Lair area... It is a natural fit and a better fit than Zootopia, Coco, or Encanto...
That's because you've given this more forethought than the people that gave the presentation, which was nothing more than a grab bag of "what ifs?"

Bocabear

LOL Lately it has seemed like all the planning is so random...or it is aimed specifically at destroying the unique quality of each park and homogenizing them all into one mess of a Magic Kingdom World... And really it is the distinct theme and feel of each of the parks that makes the whole experience... Build on the framework... don't destroy it by diluting it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom