News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

doctornick

I've never seen it. Is it actually good? I thought it was for little kids.

It's not like Disney Jr if that's what you mean. It's on par with stuff like the Tiki Birds and Country Bears in terms of having groan inducing jokes (someone mentioned "dad jokes" and yeah that's it). Fun for the family and it involves some audience participation which is cool.

Touchdown

Ridiculous argument, especially your “queer” crap. For your information, the character of Ursula was based on the drag queen, Divine.
Fist of all I was trying to imagine what the diversity commission would say, those aren’t my own thoughts, and second a drag queen is a queer persona. You prove my point. I just have a lot of trouble imagining this villain land knowing that they were to afraid of repercussions of putting Dr Facillier in the PATF ride.

BuddyThomas

Fist of all I was trying to imagine what the diversity commission would say, those aren’t my own thoughts, and second a drag queen is a queer persona. You prove my point. I just have a lot of trouble imagining this villain land knowing that they were to afraid of repercussions of putting Dr Facillier in the PATF ride.
How do you know what they are or are not putting in the Princess and the Frog ride? Just let them build the freaking thing first.

Touchdown

How do you know what they are or are not putting in the Princess and the Frog ride? Just let them build the freaking thing first.
Keith David was not announced as a returning voice, and he is a voice actor (and screen actor) that would absolutely return if asked, seeing as Jim Cummings isn’t returning either we can rule out Ray.

BuddyThomas

Keith David was not announced as a returning voice, and he is a voice actor (and screen actor) that would absolutely return if asked, seeing as Jim Cummings isn’t returning either we can rule out Ray.
Sorry but that proves nothing. We will just have to wait and see. “We will have to wait and see”should be the official comment for 90% of the threads on here where people have broken crystal balls.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Nah. They're big money. To keep the budget in check they've tapped the talent of Fiverr to record attraction lines.

Joking aside, Disney has a pool of capable VOs on speed dial that are more than willing to do the voice work in an attraction if for any reason the original actor/artist is unavailable. It's usually budget or time. To your point, It's possible the characters may not show up in this story.

Touchdown

Nah. They're big money. To keep the budget in check they've tapped the talent of Fiverr to record attraction lines.

Joking aside, Disney has a pool of capable VOs on speed dial that are more than willing to do the voice work in an attraction if for any reason the original actor/artist is unavailable. It's usually budget or time. To your point, It's possible the characters may not show up in this story.
The fact that Louis Tiana and Naveen’s original voices are back and the other two main characters are actually very active voice actors make it highly likely those characters will not be in the story.

SirLink

I think Disney will do the Tragic Kingdom but it will be between Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

You will be able to walk from Epcot, into Tragic Kingdom, through it and into HS, and vice verse. It won't be a 5th gate but a sort of mini-premium-land. Take the concept of after hours separate ticket events and apply it to a large park expansion. Halloween style parties for a premium will also be held all year round.

Why do I think this? Simple, it will make them more money than expanding MK.

They ain't building a 5th theme park. You just gotta hope the Shadowland plans are revived for MK ...

doctornick

So our divergence into discussing Latinx etc made me think a bit about the potential Coco and Encanto additions and got me to thinking: (possibly) adding those properties is surely significantly influenced by the efforts to increase diversity and inclusion, right? I mean they are great and popular films (well I’m not as high on Encanto as most but still it’s beloved) but there’s probably a reason they are being considered more than say Tangled. Probably the same goes for Moana.

And I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. The parks should have more diverse representation and these are worthy properties. I just hope that if and when stuff gets built, it is properly done and are high quality attractions. But in thinking about them from a lens of inclusion I do think it makes it more likely these projects actually happen.

I just hope they don’t call it Latinx Land.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

So our divergence into discussing Latinx etc made me think a bit about the potential Coco and Encanto additions and hit me to thinking: (possibly) adding those properties is surely significantly influenced by the efforts to increase diversity and inclusion, right? I mean they are great and popular films (well I’m just as high on Encanto as most but still it’s beloved) but there’s probably a reason they are being considered more than say Tangled. Probably the same goes for Moana.

And I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. The parks should have more diverse representation and these are worthy properties. I just hope that if and when stuff gets built, it is properly done and are high quality attractions. But in thinking about them from a lens of inclusion I do think it makes it more likely these projects actually happen.

I just hope they don’t call it Latinx Land.
They won’t call it that lol

Ghost93

In addition to inclusion, I feel there is currently more buzz around both Coco and Encanto right now. Tangled was a big deal when it came out. It made twice as much as the Princess and the Frog and was ultimately what pushed Disney over the edge into permanently committing to CGI animated movies. However, I feel like once Frozen came out, it really overshadowed Tangled.

I think the main reason Tangled isn't getting a ride is that the only ride system that would make sense is a boat ride, and Princess and the Frog is better suited for that.

I think Tangled would benefit more from a 30-minute stage show or a sit-down restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom