News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

DCLcruiser

I appreciate the cultures being represented in those films. I appreciate and welcome Coco coming to Frontierland.

I think having Encanto behind Big Thunder, as opposed to being in Adventureland or Fantasyland, is a questionable decision. Encanto in MK could be great, it's where the concept art places it in the park that isn't.
Coco is behind BTMRR...then there is a path over to Encanto...then a path farther back to Villains.

Check this out: Coco is near BTMRR (southwest theme), Encanto is near Fantasyland [probably a 2nd entrance] (magic/kids theme), and Villains is way in the back. I think that could satisfy your issue.

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 3.58.58 PM Named.png

Phicinfan

The projects may not be everyone’s favorite, but they have spent an incredible amount of money at WDW over the last 10 years and will continue to do so. As jealous as people are of DL, they are getting a ride we have and an addition to their hated land. Otherwise, some lipstick. We will have the better nighttime spectaculars by late 2023.
$$$ spent and spent well are two different subjects.
I have no issues with tiana for Splash, I know this isn't popular, just my opinion.
I have no issues with Moana flume going to AK, and mini-land as well - if it happens
I have issues with Zootopia in AK, but as I don't like AK and go there very little I don't care, but my gut says all this ends up is as reskin of Dinosaur and a meet and greet. Not a great use of that IP IMO.
The mini-lands for MK could be great, to be honest there is a ton of wasted space and I for one have no issues if Encanto is a "walk through" if it has AC and has some fun things to see and do.
I have NO idea what Coco will be other than a Coco version of FOF?

I will take adds, anyday, but wish they were well designed and thought out

mgf

If Encanto and Coco need to come to MK put them in Adventureland and boot Aladdin and Swiss Family Robinson. Retheme the treehouse and Skipper Cantina for Encanto. Put COCO on the Adventureland expansion pad. Then loosely as you travel through Adventureland you come up through South America, cross through Mexico, enter the Caribbean and then you enter Frontierland through the bayou, and "catch a train out west."

Not perfect (ex: ignore that we see the jungles of Asian and Africa on JC) but at least it has a storyline to it.

ToTBellHop

Coco is behind BTMRR...then there is a path over to Encanto...then a path farther back to Villains.

Check this out: Coco is near BTMRR (southwest theme), Encanto is near Fantasyland [probably a 2nd entrance] (magic/kids theme), and Villains is way in the back. I think that could satisfy your issue.

View attachment 666213
Encanto and Coco don’t seem that big.

Also, did some digging. Those who postulate that we would lose some of RoA and TSI are correct.

mgf

Ok, as a not snide comment, I'm pretty sure that path would mess with the Utilidor system. INSTEAD, put the entrance to the tunnels UNDERGROUND, and make the path like so:
View attachment 666189
If this was already discussed and I missed it then apologies, but could the route to the villain's not go between the IASW and HM show buildings so you are right on the boarder of happy and spooky as you "cross over"?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
It’s not meant to be a huge draw. Just a nice walkthrough that won’t have a 60-min wait. They’re popular at DLP. Glad we are getting something that won’t have a VQ…
Totally agree that the parks need additions that are not huge draws and are forced VQ but to me this was not the answer especially w the space it is taking up and the money im sure being spent on it… hopefully im wrong.

Jrb1979

The projects may not be everyone’s favorite, but they have spent an incredible amount of money at WDW over the last 10 years and will continue to do so. As jealous as people are of DL, they are getting a ride we have and an addition to their hated land. Otherwise, some lipstick. We will have the better nighttime spectaculars by late 2023.
Big deal. Nighttime spectaculars don't help with capacity at all.

ToTBellHop

Totally agree that the parks need additions that are not huge draws and are forced VQ but to me this was not the answer especially w the space it is taking up and the money im sure being spent on it… hopefully im wrong.
WDW guests should enter the walkthrough with an open mind. We don’t usually get things like this. It won’t be the highlight of your vacation but should be pretty neat.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
This is just my opinion....
But when has Disney ever totally rebuilt an existing attraction to keep it the same? being serious here cause I don't remember it.
So I wonder now if SSE redo, Imagination redo and say Space Mountain redo if they EVER happen, will mean new attractions rather than just updating what is.
Extremely valid point…
But an Figment update would hopefully be a new ride in theory… Stitch is empty and obviously would be a new attraction. WoL is empty retheme that pavilion and that would be new. SSE & CoP should have been no brainers to update to make them
More current and MP should have been greenlit and built. But i see your point.

LSLS

I get that but to me that Money could have been used better elsewhere to upgrade actual rides that need it and fill in the empty spaces we already have across the parks. I just dk how Moana walk thru is going to be a huge draw. Hopefully im wrong but i think kids want rides not a and detailed glorified que with no ride…
I think they are filling in empty space though. My only issue is there is no way it should be taking as long as it is. This should have been a nice, quick, easy, relatively cheap, and welcome addition.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
WDW guests should enter the walkthrough with an open mind. We don’t usually get things like this. It won’t be the highlight of your vacation but should be pretty neat.
Im sure it will be but again does it fit the needs of the guests that visit Florida? Unfortunately i dont think it will.

spectromagic04

View attachment 666213
If they do that say good bye to fireworks or these lands will have to close early. Villains and Encanto are basically a couple feet from the launch site.

Jphaddad96

If the villains land would be builded, this close every possibility of a GREAT 5th gate right? if so, which 5th gate theme would you imagine?

Phicinfan

If the villains land would be builded, this close every possibility of a GREAT 5th gate right? if so, which 5th gate theme would you imagine?
I don't think a 5th gate ever works. I agree a villain's version of MK would be a HUGE hit. I just don't see a 5th gate ever working.
That being said, IF they do build a villain's area, having it near HM would be a nice potential fit.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I don't think a 5th gate ever works. I agree a villain's version of MK would be a HUGE hit. I just don't see a 5th gate ever working.
That being said, IF they do build a villain's area, having it near HM would be a nice potential fit.
The 5th gate ship sailed imo once they decided to shoehorn SWL into HS... could have easily built a 5th gate based off SW and then whatever Marvel attractions they are allowed to use.... add in a Villains land and thats the basis for a great addition to your portfolio of parks... problem is this still doesnt solve your current capacity issues in the 4 parks now

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Themeatically I don't think 5th gate is needed , the existing four parks all have expansion room and pretty much any attraction can be fit thematically into one of the existing parks even if Disney tried to stay with strict park themes, which they have strayed away from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom