News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

No Name

Wasn't New Fantasyland and then Pandora and then Star Wars: GE all big projects that kept Bob I. coming back and getting bigger and bigger contract extensions?
Could Bobby Cheapak be doing the same with all these future projects and blue sky projects?
These parks projects have never had anything to do with either of their contract extensions.

Sir_Cliff

This shouldn't have been announced. I know they prefaced the presentation explaining how Blue Sky this was but casual fans won't understand that.
I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, and they had 90 minutes to fill without anything really to announce. What I find strange is that they didn't take more time to explain the new DCA Avenger's Campus ride or Tiana's Bayou Adventure in some detail rather than leaving everything very vague. Gives the impression that they're not even sure what they're doing with the things they're ready to announce.

Sir_Cliff

Kind of surprised the Encanto pitch wasn't for a new Colombia World Showcase pavilion. I feel that might actually get some people genuinely excited and would add something to a park that really needs it.

It's not like they're ever going to do any of this, so they may as well add a new pavilion to the list of World Showcase pavilions that never were!

dennis-in-ct

We need a subforum for "Disney-Branded Rumors™️" - Rumors the company officially starts themselves but neither confirms nor denies their relation to reality.

We can start with threads on this, Zootopia at Animal Kingdom, and the "Disneyland Forward" project.
What about the Disney Studios “Black Box” ride?
Did I imagine that announcement in a fever dream?

Sir_Cliff

What about the Disney Studios “Black Box” ride?
Did I imagine that announcement in a fever dream?
It's hard to know, but if you like the idea I figure you may as well add it to the list of things they have thought about that may or may not happen as I'm sure it has come up in a meeting over the years.

fgmnt

I'm shocked about the negativity on this forum. Disney villains, Coco and Encanto are all popular Disney properties and the fact that this would be an expansion and not a replacement makes this seem like a no-brainer. This is a fantastic idea and you all are needlessly negative.

No winning on this forum.
This company is free to put shovels in the ground and prove me wrong with regards to actually wanting to add attraction capacity to their domestic parks.

JusticeDisney

I
I'm shocked about the negativity on this forum. Disney villains, Coco and Encanto are all popular Disney properties and the fact that this would be an expansion and not a replacement makes this seem like a no-brainer. This is a fantastic idea and you all are needlessly negative.

Don’t be shocked. There are a group of people here who complain about literally everything. Makes you wonder why they spend so much time on a WDW forum. Also makes you wonder what happened in their lives to make them so miserable all the time. Oh well.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

They were literally showed in a segment of the presentation that they prefaced "don't get excited, this stuff isn't actually happening "

SirLink

First, people complain that WDW isn’t doing anything to expand and add capacity. And then, as soon as some major additions are announced, people say “well, those will never actually get built” or “those ideas suck.” LMAO! I guess some folks just prefer to be miserable all the time. I, for one, am excited about all of these new things to look forward to!

They haven't announced that these are coming. All they have said is 'what if' ...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
First, people complain that WDW isn’t doing anything to expand and add capacity. And then, as soon as some major additions are announced, people say “well, those will never actually get built” or “those ideas suck.” LMAO! I guess some folks just prefer to be miserable all the time. I, for one, am excited about all of these new things to look forward to!
If these things were actually ANNOUNCED, we'd all be dancing up and down proclaiming this the best D23 ever. People would be talking excitedly about the "Mario killer."

DCLcruiser

If these things were actually ANNOUNCED, we'd all be dancing up and down proclaiming this the best D23 ever. People would be talking excitedly about the "Mario killer."
They've announced $5B in capex. They are clearly open to an expansion beyond BTMRR. They have discussed two very popular IP which connect directly to Hispanic-Americans, who make up a large % of the population. I can't see how this isn't realistic.

Then add Villains which sell a lot of merch, and already have new movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom