News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

999th Happy Haunt

Are we sure the rivers would be removed instead of built around or slightly shortened like what happened at DL? I'm not entirely opposed to this project, I just don't like how it works within a park like MK. A standalone villains expansion to FL would be great though.

tanc

This shouldn't have been announced. I know they prefaced the presentation explaining how Blue Sky this was but casual fans won't understand that.
Epic Universe needed competition. Disney I guess is trying to bluff and get people excited. I don't even know why Disney would do this when fiscally I'm not even sure they would invest that much into the parks. 5 new expansions for WDW sounds insane.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but park tickets are potentially going to be $150-$200. This won't come cheap.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Epic Universe needed competition. Disney I guess is trying to bluff and get people excited. I don't even know why Disney would do this when fiscally I'm not even sure they would invest that much into the parks. 5 new expansions for WDW sounds insane.
It was never 5, it's two.

Dinoland would be Moana OR Zootopia.

"Beyond Big Thunder" would be Villains OR Encanto OR Coco.

Animaniac93-98

I've never gotten the hype for a villains park or area and frankly felt pretty embarrassed to see it mentioned here. It felt like pretty shameless fan service - a way to get hardcore fans hyped and pull attention from Epic Universe without even giving an idea of what this villains area would entail, who it would feature, where it would go.

Epic Universe is getting an area based on Universal Monsters.

A villains land/ride has long been proposed, for decades at this point, but bringing it up now feels like a more pointed imitation now that the competition is following through with something similar.

Captain Neo

Wait what? That’s even weirder

The concept art showed zootopia replacing countdown to extinction and Moana replacing the carnival but they are sitting side by side

How was Walt Disney able to expand like crazy on a shoestring budget but the biggest company in the world that makes BILLIONS of dollars in revenue can’t build anything worth a damn?

ToTBellHop

Nope. These are phases. Dinoland would be Moana then Zootopia. Moana replaces Dino-Rama and comes soon. Zootopia later replaces the rest of Dinoland (including Dinosaur, which is retrofitted).

1662926413048.jpeg

This MK project is EXTREMELY blue sky, on the other hand.

WonderWab

I really need to see how these new lands (or mini-lands or one new land or Frontierland expansion? I'm still confused...) will land on the map. That would give me a much better sense of how they will fit into the park.

etc98

I don't think that's true. I think it's more like the New Fantasyland expansion. One big expansion, with a section of the land for Beauty and the Beast, a section of the land for Little Mermaid, and a section of the land for Snow White. The concept art they showed had all of the concepts next to each other. If they were thinking of them as different options, there would be three different pieces of art, not one piece with all three

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom