beware of taxi drivers

madhatter

my wife and i went to wdw and stayed a the grand floridian, we were going to the flying fish for dinner and decided to take a cab( since that is the quikest way).it should only be a mile or two , but the cab driver decided to take the very very very "scenic route" ,as in driving by epcot and downtown disney. to his undoing, I am from orlando and have worked at wdw so i knew this was all very very unecessary- all he needed to do was take a left out of the grand floridan and a left on resort blvd, then a left at the boardwalk. i made him turn the car around and take us there the right way.when we finally got to the board walk i only gave him 2.00, which is what the ride should have cost, instead of the 19.00 he was going to charge me. so my point is to take a map with you if you take a cab. a cab is the quickest way to get from one disney hotel to another.

Ariel

Wow! Thank goodness you knew where you were going. Thanks for sharing that with the rest of us! It's pretty sad that they would take advantage of people like that. :(

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
madhatter, I hope you reported this to Disney. I assume the cabs that are seen in the parking area are there with WDW permission, and could be banned from the property for doing the type of thing you described! Thanks for the warning! I've only used the cabs once, and felt I was charged a reasonable price.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by marciahahn
madhatter, I hope you reported this to Disney. I assume the cabs that are seen in the parking area are there with WDW permission, and could be banned from the property for doing the type of thing you described! Thanks for the warning! I've only used the cabs once, and felt I was charged a reasonable price.

hey mom icant receive pms. i am at disneyqust, everything is going good. Ido have the flu. so if u need to talk just post it casue thats the ony way i will be able to see it till i get home. ;-)

Upvote 0

Rooster

Quick Travel Tip

If ever your unsure the distance or cost of a cab ride to your destination, just ask a bellman or concierge.(former hotel GM advice here):cool:

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

hey mom icant receive pms

Hey Jay, I dont claim to be a medical expert on this one.... but I am pretty sure that is normal.

Anyhoo, don't worry we wont keep bringing this up!

Really pleased you are having a good time, hope the flu clears up soon. Keep having fun! :D

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I know how you feel. We called a taxi from the Old Key West Resort to take us to the airport. We waited and waited and finally he came but it was too late. We were too late to catch the flight. Luckily the airport allowed us to catch the next flight home.

Attachments

• med12[1].gif
    med12[1].gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom