Beware Champions World Resort closed today without notice

some other guy

It was a big place for a motel. About 450 rooms if I remember correctly.
I saw local media coverage saying around a hundred people/hundred rooms booked.
but yeah that was really crazy even for a dodgy hole on 192

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I saw local media coverage saying around a hundred people/hundred rooms booked.
but yeah that was really crazy even for a dodgy hole on 192
I did a deeper dive and found I wasn't too far off. It is 438 rooms and I find it very hard to believe they were not fully booked over spring break considering the cheap rates they were pushing. I am very familiar with the area. I owned a hotel at 192/535 for 11 years. I don't have a clue where this stands legally. The people who booked had a contract with the previous owners. So that who is needs to refund. Under the very broad innkeeper laws that Florida has, the new owner has the right to empty the property. I did call a friend at the Osceola county clerk and a deed of sale has been registered. It sold for around 16.5 mil. I am guessing it will become transient apartments. Anyone who was looking to keep it as a hotel would not have done it like this. The other alternative would be they are a third party buyer for someone who wants to bulldoze the place and build a whole new resort. 192 West of I4 is the new off property area.

Lilofan

One of the first times I visited WDW many years ago I stayed at the Star Motel on 192/535 in Kissimmee. I had no idea what that hotel was on turned into but it suited me just fine. I think the rate at that time was $25 per night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom