Better weather/crowds: Mid-April or Mid-May?

Walt Disney1955

Looks like we're picking one or the other this year. I have been to Florida mostly in March and then once in September and then November. Never these months though. Which is better? How hot is it in May and are the crowds worse?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Since Easter is the 1st of April this year, I'd go for mid-May. It'll be warm, but not suffocatingly hot and humid like it is in August/September.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Like you, we mostly go in November, December, and most recently Feb and March.
However, I've always thought early May would be a good time.
My son and family went on their one trip to WDW in early May a few years ago, and loved it. The weather was warmer, but didn't bother them. They had no complaints at all.
If you do go in May, please report back how it went;ie: crowds, weather, everthing:)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Mid April & May are similar in weather with May being a bit hotter and slight chance of more rain days. Crowds are fairly similar. You are entering the F&G festival time so crowds will be building. School vacation week in April will be definitely heavy. Otherwise expect days ranging from slightly moderate to moderate with weekends getting worse.

Upvote 0

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Okay thanks. I never thought May would be terribly bad crowd-wise either. As for weather, I've been to Orlando in late September and it was quite hot. You don't feel it quite so bad I don't think because there is no much air conditioning in Florida and we spend a lot of time around the pools. Not to mention the crowds are thin in September so you are inside a with attractions.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We've been both times before (granted, it's been a bit). April was frankly the worst time we've ever been, but that was because it was over Easter (we didn't even think...that was before I learned about the benefits of obsessive planning)! But we've done mid-May a few times before and if I could pull my kids from school, that would be one of my favorite times to go. We love F&G festival, weather is just perfect for us (and we're from the Pacific NW and aren't fans of hot), and crowds seemed low to us--but who knows with crowds anymore :cautious:. I think a lot of kids are still doing Spring Break in April. If we were planning and had the two choices, we'd definitely go for May :happy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom