Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
What fries do you prefer more?

Do you like McDonald's?​

mcdonalds-french-fries.jpg

or Burger King's​

burger-king-regular-fries.jpg

Or do you prefer another chain's fries in general.

SteveBrickNJ

It is popular to bash McDonalds and I have no idea why. What a dependable company they are. If you want grilled items they have it. A salad...they've got that.
So to focus on the OP, I like McDonald's fries a lot.:cool: Consistently golden and crispy. :hungry:It's a personal preference but I find Five Guys fries to be too greasy and Chick Fil A has waffle fries....IDK...it's still "fries" but not the same "experience" LOL...hey...the classic Micky D's fries are classic for a reason!
Burger King a couple of years ago put in a lot of effort to make their fries just like McDonald's. I think they come pretty close.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

I suspect Californians would not like it if In N Out came over by me. A bunch of them even want to break away from the US and become their own country.
How 'bout Wendy's? Good burgers but the fries are better at BK and Micky D's???

StarWarsGirl

It is popular to bash McDonalds and I have no idea why. What a dependable company they are. If you want grilled items they have it. A salad...they've got that.

I decided a while back that it was better to pay a bit more to not eat crud, and to me, that's what McD's and many others are . Except for the occasional BK trip for a Whopper, I eat very little greasy fast food. So many other places that have much better food. If I want a salad, I am not going to McDonald's, that's for sure.

Not to mention most of them just don't seem that clean to me. I don't even go to BK except the ones I know are clean. Some are fine, but others...nope.

Most of the time, there are just so many better options than McDonald's.

SteveBrickNJ

I decided a while back that it was better to pay a bit more to not eat crud, and to me, that's what McD's and many others are . Except for the occasional BK trip for a Whopper, I eat very little greasy fast food. So many other places that have much better food. If I want a salad, I am not going to McDonald's, that's for sure.

Not to mention most of them just don't seem that clean to me. I don't even go to BK except the ones I know are clean. Some are fine, but others...nope.

Most of the time, there are just so many better options than McDonald's.
I eat at McDonald's once a month. Here at the Jersey Shore any of the older McD's buildings received a major facelift....fully remodeled. The managers around here take pride in their restaurant's appearance. It's clean every time I go.
BTW, I appreciate that you are the OP of the ever popular "Words With Friends". ;)

StarWarsGirl

I eat at McDonald's once a month. Here at the Jersey Shore any of the older McD's buildings received a major facelift....fully remodeled. The managers around here take pride in their restaurant's appearance. It's clean every time I go.
Ours are not as nice. I've got Chipotle, Panera, California Pizza Kitchen, and a bunch of others a short ways from work, and near home, we have local places. No reason to ever go to McDonalds. I used to go there when travelling, but most airports have better options.
BTW, I appreciate that you are the OP of the ever popular "Words With Friends". ;)
I cannot believe that thread is almost three years old already. It's a good thing I don't receive email notifications, or I'd have thousands just from that thread.

Clamman73

Those '80s McDonalds fries were the best...especially straight out the fryer...then they started changing what they were fried in...not quite the same. Fine, I'll eat those "healthier" fries. :( :cautious:

SteveBrickNJ

Yes StarWarsGirl...Panera Bread is great! I like Atlanta Bread too....yet....sometimes I need to be "In N Out" quickly. Micky D's fits the bill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom