Best World Showcase Pavillion

bdearl41

Original Poster
I think this is a great question as everyone has different opinions on the matter. What is your favorite World Showcase Pavillion and why, based on ride/attraction, food, shops, theme, etc.
I rank mine in this order:
1) France (I love France, what can i say)
2) Morrocco (very authentic, probably most authentic of any pavillion in my opinion)
3) China (Again fairly authentic, good sidewalk shows, chinese food is great!)
4) Japan (Saki bar and sushi, enough said)
5) UK (Concerts in the back, EPL gear, and a pub give this the edge over Mexico)
6) Mexico (Inside is great, La Cava is great, the rest is ok)
7) Norway (Maelstrom needs some work,but the trolls are cool)
8) Italy (Tutto Gusto brings this rating up with their cheese plates)
9)Germany (They should add a thrill ride!)
10) Canada (The gardens are nice, can't ever get into Le Cellier)
11) America (nothing really here except the show, good show, but thats it)

Tip Top Club

This isn't easy becasue they're all spectacular. But here's a rundown.

1. Morocco - By far the most immersive pavillion. MoRockin' is wonderful. I love the Tangierine Cafe, and the shopping here is amazing.

2. America - A lot of people write this pavillion off, and sure it's not as immersive as others, but it gets the second spot solely for the American Adventure show. There is nothing else like it in the world. The Voices of Liberty elevate this pavilion as well.

3. UK - A Beautiful pavillion with Gardens and great shopping, but really, it's all about the Rose and Crown. Having a pint at the pub and laughing and singing along with the Hat Lady is one of the treasures of this park.

4. Canada - The waterfalls are beautiful, and since I'm originally from then north, this pavillion reminds me of home. Excellent Circlevision as well. Canada, my Canada...now that song's gonna be stuck in my head all day.

5. Mexico - Huge points for the excellent quick service, and the immersive quality of La Plaza de los Amigos. Fun boat ride, but this one gets it's spot because of La Cava de Tequilla. I could spend a whole night here!

6. Italy - Via Napoli is probably my favorite sit-down restaurant at EPCOT. Nothing beats dinner there followed by watching Illuminations from the Gondola Dock.

7. China - I'm generally not fond of Asian Contries, but this one gets it's spot for a great exhibition, great circlevision, and the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats.

8. France - This is mostly a walk-through pavillion to me. That said, the Patisserie is divine, and who can pass up the Grand Marnier Orange slush.

9. Japan - To me the value of this pavillion lies solely in Mitsukoshi. A wonderful store to explore. (Although I enjoy the statue of the Tengu in the Spirited Beasts exhibit.)

10. Norway - Maelstrom's a nice ride, but there's nothing else that tickles my fancy here.

11. Germany - As someone who is not a lover of beer, not much to do here. I like it during the Holidays (Pickle Tree) and I enjoy the Caramel shop as well.

Ultimately they are all great, but there's the list for me!

jlsHouston

I love France...I liked UK and the market in Mexico... and I can see I need to spend more time exploring and less time eating at the world showcase because I have not seen over half of what is listed here and I spend hours/days at the World Showcase when I visit WDW:eek:

acishere

1. Mexico: The market at night, the pyramid in the background, tequila. The scene is amazing and unlike the real thing its air conditioned.
2. Morocco: Is this a section of a theme park or a set from an Indiana Jones movie?
3. France: I somehow always seem to be the only one there when I visit. Its nice to sit in the Parisian alley with a pastry and its strangely quiet for a bustling theme park. I keep expecting that car from Midnight in Paris to show up and take me to the 1920s.
4. Norway: Stave Church is my favorite spot to recover in the air conditioning and Maelstrom was a childhood favorite of mine.
5. Germany: Beer
6. UK: Beer
7. China: Beautiful architecture and gardens
8. Italy: the new wine bar is incredible
9. Japan: Saki bar
10. Canada: Le Celler is good
11. 'Merica: Needs more than counter service and Bud Light.

Mukta

Norway is my favorite pavilion. Maelstrom, school bread (and all of the other yummy food) and the smell of Laila. As a bonus, I get to learn a bit about a country I have never visited (I have visited almost all of the rest in real life). Love me some Norway.

luv

Morocco - the most gorgeous of all...and my favorite restaurant
Mexico - second only to Morocco...and my favorite place to shop
Norway - awesome pavilion and has Maelstrom!! Love Maelstrom. :)

China has my favorite movie, though. :)

The Empress Lilly

1. America. Great atmosphere. Great show. Great song. Great costumes.
2. France. The movie is one of the World's hidden gems. EPCOT's last original attraction too.
3. Canada. I love the gardens, the outdoors. The song is lovely, both the old and new version.
4. Japan. Best restaurant, best shop, best exhibition.
5. Norway. The finest ride in WS. Please do raise EPCOT's cool level by dumping the princesses and bringing back the Viking ship.
6. Italy. Bella Italia, so very pretty.
7. Mexico. Ride ruined for a stupid cartoon. But what a great atmosphere inside.
8. Germany.
9. China.
10. UK. What's there is fantastic, but where is the rest? Finish the pavilion already!
11. Morocco.

It says a lot that the spectacularly beautiful Germany and China areas are still only at the bottom of my list. World Showcase is phenomenal.
amour2.gif

Polydweller

1. France. Great music in the movie.
2. Canada. Off Kilter, Le Cellier and the gardens
3. Norway. Stave church, Maelstrom
4. Morocco. Tangerine Cafe has great food, emersive atmosphere and great hidden Mickey made by 3 plates.

The others are about equal with interesting gems in each.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
France tops the chart for me. Les Chefs is wonderful, I adore Impressions, the Boulangerie has some great snacks, the shops are neat, and who doesn't love a Grand Marnier orange slush?! :D

WED99

1) France. Love the atmosphere and the movie!
2) UK. It's amazing how you can walk around the streets and just be completely surrounded!
3) Mexico. Love the ride and inside atmosphere is great!
4) Japan. Best shop in the resort!
5) Canada. Beautiful landscape and the movie is great!
6) Norway. Maelstrom is a great ride!
7) China. Favourite place to eat, but nothing else really.
8) Italy. Very beautiful but nothing interesting except a Pizzeria.
9) Germany. It just does nothing for me.
10) America. I'm sure I'd like this one a lot more if I actually watched American Adventure.
11) Morocco. It's just tacky shops and an expensive restaurant.

FettFan

Mexico is my favorite. I love the atmosphere of it....perpetual dusk at the plaza, with the smells of San Angel Inn wafting through the building.

And I've developed an affinity for tequila bonbons.
image-127447.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom