News Best Western Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs CLOSED PERMANENTLY!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
This just in:
Apparently, the Best Western Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs which has been closed due to the pandemic since March has CLOSED permanently. No reason or explanation given as to why.

esskay

In this instance its nothing odd.

That being said we could probably do with a 192/i-drive closure watch thread, I dare say at least 1/3 of all businesses and hotels along there wont make it through this.

MonorailCoral

It’s being converted into a Drury Inn. The whole place is a massive construction site.
In other words, the conversion is now off and it's going to sit unfinished?

That being said we could probably do with a 192/i-drive closure watch thread, I dare say at least 1/3 of all businesses and hotels along there wont make it through this.
We're about 20 years too late for that thread.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This just in:
Apparently, the Best Western Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs which has been closed due to the pandemic since March has CLOSED permanently. No reason or explanation given as to why.
Are you saying the Drury conversion is off?

Disstevefan1

Very bad. First there was the 20 YEAR refurbishment project for 192 that killed many business back then and now the pandemic that will kill more business on 192.

esskay

Very bad. First there was the 20 YEAR refurbishment project for 192 that killed many business back then and now the pandemic that will kill more business on 192.
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the 192 was cut back a bit, it's full of low quality, low effort overpriced tourist tat as it is. I miss the days when it was a quiet road where you'd only see a handfull of cars.

Brian

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the 192 was cut back a bit, it's full of low quality, low effort overpriced tourist tat as it is. I miss the days when it was a quiet road where you'd only see a handfull of cars.

I agree. There's way too much development in the area, and in the Four Corners, Dr. Phillips, I-Drive, and 535 areas as is. It's a double-edged sword though, as this will lead to job losses.

lewisc

Drury website is still showing this as coming soon.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

192 is great west of Margaritaville to 27...but east of there...meh

Disstevefan1

Valid point. This could reduce traffic on 192 for folks passing through on their way to WDW 😀

DisneyCane

Even before the pandemic they started converting the Red Lion maingate to apartments. I imagine the FP+ window benefits for on site have put some strain on the off site hotels. Now it's no longer just a cost and quality comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom