Best WDW park in terms of rides?

Best park for rides?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
What is the best out of the 4 Walt Disney World parks when talking best rides? This isn't about lands, cohesion, theme, etc. It's about which park has the best overall lineup of rides. Which park has the best in terms of quality rides? (Thrill, incredible, best)

Magic Kingdom
Astro Orbitor
The Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
"it's a small world"
Jungle Cruise
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Mad Tea Party
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Main Street Vehicles
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney World Railroad
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

EPCOT
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Living With The Land
Mission: SPACE
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
The Seas With Nemo & Friends
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Alien Swirling Saucers
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Toy Story Mania!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Na'vi River Journey
TriceraTop Spin
Wildlife Express Train​

jpinkc

Hate to say this but its a fairly obvious answer at WDW. N ow if you asked between MK and DL, again I would say DL but its not all about the number of rides and that is more open for debate on some rides :D But that questions been pounded mighty thin.

Kramerica

Disneyland > Hollywood Studios > Magic Kingdom

Magic kingdom has more rides, but I feel like Hollywood studios wins the quality over quantity fight. I can see the argument either way though, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder are solid contenders.

UNCgolf

The correct answer is EPCOT in the early/mid 1990s by a long shot -- it had like half of the 10 best attractions ever built at WDW.

In their current iterations, Magic Kingdom wins almost by default. DHS would be in better shape if MMRR had been a new build instead of a replacement for GMR, but at the moment I think Kiliminjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey, Dinosaur, and Expedition Everest is a better set of rides than what DHS can offer -- Tower of Terror, Rise, and MMRR are at that level with Star Tours a bit behind, but the rest of the stuff at DHS is mediocre. Sheer quantity could push DHS past DAK, but I'd rather walk the animal trails at DAK than ride basically any of the other attractions at DHS, so...

At the moment I'd rank them like this in terms of overall attraction quality:
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Hollywood Studios
4. EPCOT

Vegas Disney Fan

MK for me but it’s surprising how close the rest are… My “must do’s”…

Magic Kingdom -10
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, "it's a small world", Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, Walt Disney World Railroad

EPCOT - 6
Frozen Ever After, Living With The Land, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Test Track

Disney's Hollywood Studios -6
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Toy Story Mania!, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Disney's Animal Kingdom -6
Avatar Flight of Passage, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Na'vi River Journey

RoadiJeff

Even though I think RotR is the best attraction in any amusement park anywhere I've ever been, I chose MK as having the best OVERALL lineup of the ones on this list.

JIMINYCR

Still and always will be MK. I dont see Disney placing a variety of attractions in any of the other parks to the extent that another could beat out MK. One or two attractions fit in amongst the others, no matter how good, can never lift their status enough. And MK still has Tron to open which will do a lot to raise MK's position as #1.

TotallyBiased

It was a toss between AK & HS for me. Probably should have taken HS but FoP and EE are two of my favorites in Orlando, along with the Safari as a tertiary. I can live with that. Screw it.

FutureCEO

Yes Magic Kingdom has double the amount of rides than everyone else but half the time I don't like like waiting in line. Peter Pan's flight to me is not worth a 30 minute wait never mind more than an hour. Same thing with the Seven Dwarfs Coaster.

My favorite park with rides is Animal Kingdom. Everest is the far superior coaster in Disney. I love just walking around with the environment and animals. Plus it's the only park that has yet to be tacky Disneyified. Well, beyond the new Kite show.

Musical Mermaid

Magic Kingdom for the quantity and variety of rides. I’d probably place Epcot second because it has some decent variety, but they don’t have the quantity. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are the parks lacking in the ride department for me most since they don’t have as many rides, have a lot of height restrictions, and most of them are pretty rough. All of the rides at Hollywood Studios are thrill rides and/or make me motion sick. Sometimes you need something more gentle and well, they stupidly got rid of their gentler ride. They need an omnimover, boat ride, or maybe a classic type, dark ride over there.

Djsfantasi

Magic Kingdom for the quantity and variety of rides. I’d probably place Epcot second because it has some decent variety, but they don’t have the quantity. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are the parks lacking in the ride department for me most since they don’t have as many rides, have a lot of height restrictions, and most of them are pretty rough. All of the rides at Hollywood Studios are thrill rides and/or make me motion sick. Sometimes you need something more gentle and well, they stupidly got rid of their gentler ride. They need an omnimover, boat ride, or maybe a classic type, dark ride over there.

Funny, I pick HS because it has the most rides that appeal to me and my gf. We are in our mid-60s and the water rides and roller coasters don’t appeal to us. MK has the most rides, yes but, most don’t appeal to us. EPCOT generally is appealing, but the ride variety is lacking (haven’t seen Rat…). The only ride at AK that we find appealing is FoP.

HS has many great rides that don’t endanger our back health. Love RotR! And the gentle coaster in TSL. ToT is thrilling, but not as physical as a rollercoaster. MMRR is perfect! Then, HS has the best shows when they return. Plus, even with ECVs, we can’t do many rides in a day as we used to.

We enjoy the theming and restaurants as much as the rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom