Best way to get to Orange Co. Convention Center?

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
I have the beginnings of a trip planned this August and on our arrival day my husband and I are slated to go to the Orange County Convention Center for Star Wars Celebration. Here's the thing, we're hoping to stay at Coronado Springs so my original plan was to take Magical Express to the resort, check-in, drop off the bags, then catch a cab to head to the convention center.

Then I got to thinking...how about renting a car at MCO, driving to the convention center, hanging out, then heading to Coronado Springs. We wouldn't plan on using the car while we're on property and I know we'd have to drive back to MCO to return it.

I don't know which plan would be more time-efficient. The flight I was looking has us landing at MCO just after 10am and I'd like to head over to the convention center as soon as we can.

flynnibus

Premium Member
parking at the convention center will be costly and a time sink. It's much more time efficient just to use a cab. But it will be costly.. about $25 or more each way. I guess it mostly depends on how many times you plan on making the trip and your length of stay (how long you hold onto the car).

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
We'll only be at the convention center for the day, from like 11ish to 4ish so I'm thinking the cab might be the best way to go.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We'll only be at the convention center for the day, from like 11ish to 4ish so I'm thinking the cab might be the best way to go.

It will certainly be the most direct and least time consuming. If you spend $60+ bucks for the cab ride.. that isn't that much more expensive then you'd pay for a single day rental, and you won't lose the 2+hours you'll waste getting and returning the car.. plus the transportation to/from the rental place.

If you value your hours on vacation as worth more then 20-30 bucks.. then it should be easy to say 'take a cab and be done with it!' :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've been able to get one day rentals for less than $30 before. Even with the cost of parking at the convention center, that's still quite a bit less than a cab+tip.

DisneyJoe

Then I got to thinking...how about renting a car at MCO, driving to the convention center, hanging out, then heading to Coronado Springs. We wouldn't plan on using the car while we're on property and I know we'd have to drive back to MCO to return it.

You may be able to return the car on Disney property, at either the MK Car Care Center or the Swan/Dolphin, both have car rental locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom