Best way to get to Hoop Dee Doo from Riverside?

DisneyWeather!

Hi all, as title states, I am looking for the best way to get to Hoop Dee Doo Review from the Riverside. My thought is to take the boat to Downtown Disney from RS and then catch a bus to Fort Wilderness. Is this the best or fastest way to go? Or Maybe Bus to Magic Kingdom and Boat to Fort Wilderness? Thanks for the anticipated help.

stratman50th

Are you driving, or have a rental car by chance?
Haven't been to the Hoop De Do in years, but we eat at Trails End every year. It's the one place that we always drive. We park at the campground lot and take the internal bus to the Hoop De Do area.
If no car, it might be quicker to take the bus to MK then the boat over to Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I'd take the bus to the MK and then boat to FW. If you take the bus from anywhere to FW, you'll have to take another internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall. The boat from the MK drops you at the dock about 100 yards from Pioneer Hall.

Upvote 0

DisneyWeather!

Original Poster
I'd take the bus to the MK and then boat to FW. If you take the bus from anywhere to FW, you'll have to take another internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall. The boat from the MK drops you at the dock about 100 yards from Pioneer Hall.

Thanks, we did this before (Riverside to Hoop Dee Doo), and I can't remember the exact sequence we tried, but I remember being frustrated changing buses more than once (busing to Fort Wilderness). I knew there had to be a better way.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

We stayed at riverside and just planned the HDDR for a MK day so we just took the boat from MK and then my wife and youngest bussed it back to the resort while me and the oldest hit MK for some late night fun

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

I agree with everyon else...Bus to Mk then boat. This is the fastest way since the boat dock is a short walk to pioneer hall... Now if you at another park that day and have to take a bus from the park to Fort Wilderness you will have to got off that bus at the front of FW then take the internal FW bus all the way to the back of the campground..takes about 10-15 min with all the stops along the way...Did the HDDR last november and loved it!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all, as title states, I am looking for the best way to get to Hoop Dee Doo Review from the Riverside. My thought is to take the boat to Downtown Disney from RS and then catch a bus to Fort Wilderness. Is this the best or fastest way to go? Or Maybe Bus to Magic Kingdom and Boat to Fort Wilderness? Thanks for the anticipated help.

Hi there,
I would suggest the bus to MK and then boat to FW. That is how my DH and I get to FW when we don't have a car.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

If for some reason the boat line is reallly long you could walk over and hop a bus to the Wilderness Lodge..(never a line)then walk thru the lodge to the boat dock and then boat over the Fort. You most diffenetly want to enter from the back so you dont have to deal with the interal bus. Getting home there will be buses waiting for all the resorts.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Da bus

I've been doing it for years - take the BUS to MK then jump on the boat. To get back home do the reverse it is the easiest way and less stressful....

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

I've been doing it for years - take the BUS to MK then jump on the boat. To get back home do the reverse it is the easiest way and less stressful....

Actually to get home they have buses for each resort waiting there at pioneer hall, at least they did the night my wife and youngest decided to head back for a little extra sleep while me and the oldest headed back to MK

Upvote 0

gonetowdw

I agree that the best way to and from is a bus to MK and then a boat to FW. We stay at POR every year. A couple of years ago, we were there in October and went to the Hoop Dee Doo and took the boat. It was the night of a MNSSHP, on the way back to the MK
the captain of the boat stopped the boat away from the Magic Kingdom to let us view the fireworks from the water. It was the best boat ride we had. I am not sure if they do this frequently but it was an added bonus to a great night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom