Best way to get to DL/DCA from Anaheim Convention Center

CdnDznyLuvr

Original Poster
Hey all ... I'm finally going to DL/DCA in July 2018 thanks to a conference I will be attending at the Anaheim Convention Center.

What is the easiest way to get to DL/DCA from the hotels at the convention center? I see there is a Disney parking lot across the street - can you walk over to the lot and get on the shuttle to the gates?

grnflash

Hey all ... I'm finally going to DL/DCA in July 2018 thanks to a conference I will be attending at the Anaheim Convention Center.

What is the easiest way to get to DL/DCA from the hotels at the convention center? I see there is a Disney parking lot across the street - can you walk over to the lot and get on the shuttle to the gates?

Yes you can. That's the Toy Story lot and the shuttles to DL run constantly. Do note though that due to how far into the lot you must walk in order to reach the shuttle area, you're only saving about half the walk to DL and not much, probably not any, time. If we're staying in one of the convention hotels, we generally walk there and shuttle back but either way works and will take approx. the same amount of time.

TP2000

While you can certainly walk over to Toy Story Parking, like @grnflash said it's quite a hike in the wrong direction just to get a free bus ride.

The ART system is a much better bet if you don't want to walk up Harbor. The big Marriott and Hilton there on Convention Way are on the Grand Plaza Line (Route #4) of the ART system. Buses leave from the porte cochere of each hotel every 20 minutes, and back at the end of the night from Disneyland's East Esplanade. The buses drop you off at the East Esplanade, right next to the Disneyland/DCA main entrance plaza. http://rideart.org/routes-and-schedules/grand-plaza-line/

A one day ART pass is $5.50, and a three day ART pass is $14. You'll see the blue ART buses all over the Anaheim Resort District. Just make sure you know which line you are on and what bus number to look for.

ARTIC.jpg

Last edited:

oo_nrb

ART and the Toy Story shuttles are a great option. But honestly, if you're able to, the walk is really not bad at all. 15 minutes tops to get to the Esplanade (depending on the light at Katella), only one street crossing, and half the walk is next to the landscaped Disney property. As someone suggested above, I'd definitely consider walking to the parks and then taking a Toy Story shuttle back.

DLR92

I would walk toward Disneyland Dr and Katella Ave. intersection and walk through the walking pass. And head straight up walking towards Grand Californian and up to DTD new security gates. Honesty the walk towards harbor entrance is more pedestrian friendly than a walk up Disneyland Dr. Or take the shuttle. :)

CdnDznyLuvr

Original Poster
thanks for all the info and suggestions everyone. I'd more than likely be going to Disney solo so am just a bit more safety conscious than when traveling with my husband. I don't have a problem walking during the day but am thinking if the parks close at midnight I really wouldn't want to be walking back the entire way

Edited to add: I am so used to the buses at WDW dropping you right off at the resort and the only walk is back to your room

Antaundra

I would walk to the parks during the day because it's really not a bad walk at all. Then take Uber home at the end of the night. I usually get Uber from the lobby of the Disneyland hotel and it runs around $6 or $7 to any of the near by hotels.

vancee

I usually take the ART bus when staying there, but convention center has route 4&5. When at the park you have no idea which number the bus is going to pull up to, so there’s two different lines... it’s really frustrating. And ART supervisors don’t care.. I really hate giving them my money.

disneygeek90

I would walk to the parks during the day because it's really not a bad walk at all. Then take Uber home at the end of the night. I usually get Uber from the lobby of the Disneyland hotel and it runs around $6 or $7 to any of the near by hotels.
Are you able to walk directly from the parks to the hotel lobby? I stayed in the Grand Californian in March and think I recall having to show my room key to get back into the property. I'm staying offsite for a short side trip in November and was planning on Ubering from the parks back to the hotel.

Darkbeer1

Which Hotel, the Convention Center and most of the Hotels that serve them are closer to Harbor Blvd than West Dr/Disneyland Dr. I wouldn't' go west, one side of the street is next to a construction zone, the other is the back side of California Adventure. I just went down Katella today and say it was less safe than using Harbor going north to the Main Disneyland Pedestrian Entrance. A lot of folks, and feels fairly safe if you walk.

CdnDznyLuvr

Original Poster
Which Hotel, the Convention Center and most of the Hotels that serve them are closer to Harbor Blvd than West Dr/Disneyland Dr. I wouldn't' go west, one side of the street is next to a construction zone, the other is the back side of California Adventure. I just went down Katella today and say it was less safe than using Harbor going north to the Main Disneyland Pedestrian Entrance. A lot of folks, and feels fairly safe if you walk.
Either the Hilton or Marriott right beside the convention center (although we're not sure what hotel the convention is booking yet)- I see there is another hotel (the Clarion) closer to Harbor that is also an option. I am leaning towards walking over to the Toy Story parking lot and taking the shuttle there - just am not sure how walking from there back to the hotel would be at night

CdnDznyLuvr

Original Poster
Are you able to walk directly from the parks to the hotel lobby? I stayed in the Grand Californian in March and think I recall having to show my room key to get back into the property. I'm staying offsite for a short side trip in November and was planning on Ubering from the parks back to the hotel.
No since the hotel would be to the south of California Adventure right at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Darkbeer1

Either the Hilton or Marriott right beside the convention center (although we're not sure what hotel the convention is booking yet)- I see there is another hotel (the Clarion) closer to Harbor that is also an option. I am leaning towards walking over to the Toy Story parking lot and taking the shuttle there - just am not sure how walking from there back to the hotel would be at night
I am at an USA Soccer watch party, butwhen I get home, i will post a marked map showing the walk directly and the walk to the Toy Story bus stop, which is located in the middle of the lot.

Darkbeer1

OK, back home, USA won 4-0 :)

The way I prefer, just walk. I will use the Hilton, but the Marriott is right there.

So Walking east to harbor, then straight up Harbor. Two Traffic Lights to cross. 9/10th of a mile each way.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7152403

So the next option, The Hilton to the Toy Story Bus Stop to board ART Route 20 (free). 4/10th of a mile.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7152406

Drawbacks include waiting for a bus, the time to load the bus fully, and then the trip to the park and unload, So half the walk, but maybe twice as long, maybe longer on the way back if you are leaving after the Fireworks, or park closing. (long line).

Just walking, you can stop at the 7-11 or CVS to pick up something to drink, etc.

The last option is using ART the entire way (Route 4 or 5). $5.50 for an all day pass. (Ticket machine is next to the bus stop.)

http://rideart.org/

IMHO, the walk is very safe and well lit. The Toy Story lot is a bit less safe due to the lighting and vehicles that don't understand the painted walking area.

So for safety, option 3 is the best, followed by option 1.

Hope that helps.

CdnDznyLuvr

Original Poster
The way I prefer, just walk. I will use the Hilton, but the Marriott is right there.

So Walking east to harbor, then straight up Harbor. Two Traffic Lights to cross. 9/10th of a mile each way.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7152403

So the next option, The Hilton to the Toy Story Bus Stop to board ART Route 20 (free). 4/10th of a mile.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7152406

Drawbacks include waiting for a bus, the time to load the bus fully, and then the trip to the park and unload, So half the walk, but maybe twice as long, maybe longer on the way back if you are leaving after the Fireworks, or park closing. (long line).

Just walking, you can stop at the 7-11 or CVS to pick up something to drink, etc.

The last option is using ART the entire way (Route 4 or 5). $5.50 for an all day pass. (Ticket machine is next to the bus stop.)

http://rideart.org/

IMHO, the walk is very safe and well lit. The Toy Story lot is a bit less safe due to the lighting and vehicles that don't understand the painted walking area.

So for safety, option 3 is the best, followed by option 1.

Hope that helps.
Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know. I have no problem walking during the day but returning to the park at night was worrying me. Good to see that I can just hop on a ART bus and it stops near the hotel!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom