Best walt disney quotes

Nutcase31

Original Poster
I have just bought a book called Walt Imagineering: a behind the dreams look at making the magic real. I know many of you will already have this book, but in it it has all sorts of quotes from walt disney.

do any of you have any favorate quotes

'what do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs in Latin names in front of them'-Walt Disney.

WDWFREAK53

I myself like this one...too bad today's "Walt Disney World" doesn't follow this... (cough DINORAMA cough)

"A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland's
operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of
a carnival or amusement park, there will be none of the 'pitches,' game
wheels, sharp practices, and devices designed to milk the visitor's
pocketbook." -Walt Disney

SirNim

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I myself like this one...too bad today's "Walt Disney World" doesn't follow this... (cough DINORAMA cough)

"A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland's
operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of
a carnival or amusement park, there will be none of the 'pitches,' game
wheels, sharp practices, and devices designed to milk the visitor's
pocketbook." -Walt Disney

:( :( :(

Dino-RAMA!! Oy!!:D

General Grizz

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland with the idea of making money."

"The important thing is the family. If you can keep the family together - and that's the backbone of our whole business, catering to families - that's what we hope to do."

"I love the nostalgic world. I hope we never lose sight of some of the things of the past."

A lot more coming soon!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland with the idea of making money."

"The important thing is the family. If you can keep the family together - and that's the backbone of our whole business, catering to families - that's what we hope to do."

"I love the nostalgic world. I hope we never lose sight of some of the things of the past."

A lot more coming soon!

Great quotes! :sohappy: Now...let's take each one and see how they relate to WDW today :)

Hmmm...is this why they put gift shops pertaining to each individual attraction right at the exit of each individual attraction?

E-ticket attractions separate children and "non" thrill seekers from their families...but I agree that they are a necessity. Although...we don't need to replace "family" attractions with thrill rides...Either build NEW thrills or replace older thrills.

It is ok to replace attractions as long as the same quality goes into its replacement. (Journey into Imagination is very nostalgic...in the World of Disney...but...they lost SIGHT of the meaning with it's replacement)

tenchu

'Mmmm mmmm, that is a tasty burger.'

'I love the smell of napalm in the morning.'

Those were both Walt, right?

General Grizz

Originally posted by Maria
I like the one in my signature because he acknowledges the cast members and team labor. :animwink:

Yes - that is one of the best quotes I have ever heard! I was tryinng to find it word-for-word, but how convenient! :D :sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
This is my favorite and its the one I use in my e-mail sig line :

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

- Walt Disney

A friend also gave me a Disney "OneShare" with that quote inscribed in the plauqe. Very Cool. :)

CDS Disney

I love the one about him and his daughters at the park for a day out with daddy. Does any one have it?

I also watched a program about child stars on E! and the was one about the kid meeting Walt. HE said good morning MR. Disney. Walt Said "please Call me Uncle Walt." Its heart worming.

imagineer boy

My favorite is 'As long as there's imagination left in the World, Disneyland will never be completed' along with 'To all who come to this happy place, welcome!'

Maria

Originally posted by Maria
I like the one in my signature because he acknowledges the cast members and team labor. :animwink:

I have changed my signature already and now has something from Looney Toones! :eek: oops!

This is the Walt Disney quote I was referring to:

"You can create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make that dream a reality".

I also like this one:

"When you believe a thing, believe it all the way. Have confidence in your ability to do it right and work hard to do the best possible job."

:sohappy:

Keep them coming please!!!

SnowWhite5669

I like the quote that was in our paychecks right after 9/11:
"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideal of freedom and a better life."

I have the quote book at home and the quote magnets:

Another
"Dreams come true by working."

If anyone is looking for a special quote I can try to find it in my book for you. :animwink:

GoofyFan1

I've made this into a poster for my classroom:

Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource-the minds of our children.

I also like:

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.

Number_6

"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

"All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable."

bigfatdonna

Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either."
- Walt Disney

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

Ah, yes, words I definitely live by, Uncle Walt. Now, I feel much better about wearing my mouse ears, licking an oversized rainbow lollipop, stomping my foot, and squealing loudly, "I don't wanna go home, yet!" as my husband tries to drag me out of the park! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom