Best view of MK Fireworks not in the park

Kellylynn322

I am headed to WDW next weekend with a friend and her 3 kids for a long weekend and may not go into the parks. Where is the best place to view the fireworks from outside the park other than dinner at O'hana or the Cali Grill??

Trying to keep the weekend as cheap as possible for her with 3 kids.

Thanks in advance!

Nemo14

I'm not sure how you can go to WDW with 3 kids and not go into the parks, but that being said, it's fun to watch them from the beach at the Poly. I suppose you could bring a picnic dinner with you or something, but it will be cold.

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
Thank you. I love the picnic idea! The flights were cheaper for me to fly to Orlando and since its a short drive for them it was an easy place to meet and visit for the weekend.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The verandah at Narcoossee's has a nice view, and you don't have to eat there to watch from there.

But the best option, I think, is a night at FW. Sing-along, movie, watch the Electrical Water Pageant and then the fireworks (or vice-versa, depending on the timing of the fireworks).

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

concourse observation deck at contemporary! its free! And the closest. plus you can eat at contempo cafe before hand at qs rates with good food. :p

Upvote 0

erstwo

The kids might enjoy an afternoon at Fort Wilderness, followed by the campfire program.

I couldn't agree more. As far as I know this is the only place on Disney property where you can meet and greet the characters (Chip & Dale) for free - without paying to enter a theme park. We do the Campfire Singalong at Fort Wilderness anytime we are in Orlando, but don't have time/ don't want to pay to enter the parks.

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! We are actually staying at the cabins at FW so all that is wonderful. I knew about the campfire but I didn't realize it was free with characters. We had planned on going over one night but that may be a nightly idea with the water pagent for a nice end of the day treat.

I read a while back that they sold marshmallows and such for Smores at the campfire. Does anyone know if that is still true or should we add that stuff to our grocery list?

Thanks again everyone

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

I read a while back that they sold marshmallows and such for Smores at the campfire. Does anyone know if that is still true or should we add that stuff to our grocery list?

Thanks again everyone

We were there last year and you can buy a smores kit but I remember it being expensive. It's way cheaper to bring your own stuff. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom