Best Vacation Club Resort on property??

Figment1986

Original Poster
I was wondering what is your opinion, I am lookaing around for a resort for a lot of people.... and realized that unused rooms at the DVCs can be rented out to the public... what is your favorite DVC resort on property....

DCL

I love the Beach Club Villas... or the Boardwalk Villas, personally. Plus, you're so close to everything on the Booardwalk, if you stay in either of those places, with Epcot and MGM within walking distance. I don't see how you could go wrong with either of those.

Splashman

Old Key West is by far my most favorite. We are DVC members and OKW is our home away from home. The atmosphere provides for the most relaxed experienced.

I also like the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk Villas.

Merriweather

We just toured the DVC and will join...

If you want a big group, do Old Key West. It is cheaper (slightly) and bigger than the others in the same type of accommodations. Beach Club and Boardwalk are neat because they are so close to EPCOT and Boardwalk entertainment. While we will technically own ours at Saratoga Springs we probably won't stay there much just because of the value in the older properties.

artvandelay

Figment1986 said:
I was wondering what is your opinion, I am lookaing around for a resort for a lot of people.... and realized that unused rooms at the DVCs can be rented out to the public... what is your favorite DVC resort on property....

It's much cheaper to rent points from a DVC member than book your villa through Disney. www.disboards.com has a very active Rent/Trade board. My In Laws are at OKW right now using rented points. A studio at OKW for 4 nights (Sun thru Thurs.) cost them $410 to rent from a DVC member. Also, you don't pay sales or hotel tax when you rent.

DisneyPhD

Back to the question.

I like BCV the best. Why? Y&BC is my favorite resort, theming, location and pool wise. I mean having morning glories with little hidden Mickey's in them is just my style. SAB is the best, hands down. Plus you can get to 2 parks close and you are right near boardwalk.

I love the Areil DVC satue in the court yard, the colors, the decor. The whole place. It is "home" for me.

We own at VWL. Don't ask me why. (WL is nice, just not my personal fav.)

Oh and I love VB, but that is a different thing.

Gail Hayden

Merriweather said:
If you want a big group, do Old Key West. It is cheaper (slightly) and bigger than the others in the same type of accommodations. Beach Club and Boardwalk are neat because they are so close to EPCOT and Boardwalk entertainment. While we will technically own ours at Saratoga Springs we probably won't stay there much just because of the value in the older properties.
I am confused by your comment re: value.
Isn't SS less expensive points wise than all but OKW?
I agree that OKW is larger than all the others and I did find the points to be significantly less at OKW than BCV, BWV and WLV.

crazycalf

Has anyone stayed at Saratoga yet?
We just bought the DVC on tuesday and are trying to decide where to stay for our first trip with it.
It's between there, beach club and boardwalk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom