Best Times / Crowd Levels Discussion Thread

Kman101

Based on our own personal viewpoint ...

January - After New Years, very light and manageable.
February - First half seems pretty good, last half picks up in crowd level some
March - Hit or miss busy. Could be moderate but also heavy
April - First two weeks are moderate to heavy but the last two weeks are ok
May - Most of May is pretty light to moderate up until Memorial Day
June - HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY
July - HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY
August - First half is moderate. Last week or so is very light
September - VERY light. Good time to go.
October - Again, VERY light. Another great time to go.
November - Moderate crowds it seems. Watch out for Thanksgiving
December - Light to moderate crowds. Watch out for Christmas and New Years

Of course, there's always rain in September and October, but typically late afternoon showers (usually by 2 or 3pm). November and December are iffy due to whatever front decides to move through that week.

Not sure why I started the thread, thought we could use a good discussion on this in ONE single thread.

We can talk about what time you prefer, what your thoughts were about that time, etc.

bears163

i do agree it has alot to do with the free dining plan given at that time of the year. we went in 04 ( same time in sept) & it was dead. you could walk onto almost any ride.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I always thought it would pick up more right around Halloween but I guess not.

Mother-in-law wants to see the Christmas decorations. Looking like in addition to the upcoming May trip we'll be booking something for early December.

Upvote 0
We always go in January (end of) and have never had to wait in lines. Very very light on crowds. The weather is iffy though. I always pack shorts all the way up to turtlenecks and gloves. But, it sure beats the heat of summer.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

I always thought it would pick up more right around Halloween but I guess not.

Mother-in-law wants to see the Christmas decorations. Looking like in addition to the upcoming May trip we'll be booking something for early December.
No infact i am pretty sure that a few of the days very close to halloween are listed as crowd level 3 days by touringplans.com! There are not many 3 days! Although MK was busy on the 31st at the MNSSHP was also busy on the 31st.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We always go in January (end of) and have never had to wait in lines. Very very light on crowds. The weather is iffy though. I always pack shorts all the way up to turtlenecks and gloves. But, it sure beats the heat of summer.
I agree so I am packing for all weather situations. I would rather have the gloves and jackets and not need them instead of needing them and having to spend a fortune buying cold weather items in the parks! We arrive Jan. 29th:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dvalentine

I just got back from Christmas/New Year's week and the crowds were brutal, particularly at Epcot. 220 to 260 minute waits for Soarin, Test Track, and Mission Space, fast passes gone by 1000AM. Unfortunately, I am a teacher in the sense I am bound to school vacations, so I can't go in the off seasons. I loved the decorations, but won't go back at XMAS until my kids are much older and more self serving. We plan on going back next April. We always have the third week off in April-Patriots Day week. It is a non-Easter week, so I am hoping the crowds will be less. I know it will a lot less expensive too. However, as I have learned on this board itis great to see the XMAS decorations.

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

You say June is Heavy. Is this for the entire month, or does the crowd level ramp up as the month goes on. We have gone twice over Thanksgiving week (arriving the Saturday before and leaving the Friday after) and have had pretty good luck. Usually, by the time it gets real crowded (Wednesday and Thanksgiving itself) we have done everything on the "List" and just spend those days filling in more rides and shopping. We love being able to see all of the Christmas stuff and the trip coincides with one of my daughter's birthdays. My other daughter, bore in June, would like to celebrate at Disney one year, hence my question. I would assume that it really picks up from mid-June and on but am hopeful that early June is not too bad.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We went this past Sept. and I couldn't believe how light the crowds were. The only problem that we had was the heat. It was so hot & humid but I can deal with that. :)

Upvote 0

Philo

I've only ever been in January and I was delighted with the crowd levels. This year however I will be going in April. My sister went in April a few years back and reported that it was a 30min wait at most.

However, we will be there from the 14th (half way though the UK easter school vacation) for 11 nights. Realistically what can we expect as an average wait time for things like test-track, splash mountain, RnRC etc?

I keep swinging between thinking 'It will be fine' to 'oh god, its going to be terrible'.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We went for MNSSHP the last week in Sept. Never used a fastpass at any park..that includes Soarin! and we never wait more than 20 minutes for anything.

Also went for MVMCP the last week in Nov. Same thing. Never needed a fastpass, although when the parade taping came up on Saturday, the MK got very crowded.

Upvote 0

LizziePooh

Anyone know how crowded it is the first week in November? I'm in the process of planning our next trip right now, and I'm looking at that week.
When we went in September 2004, it was EMPTY. Of course, this was in between two hurricanes, and also before free dining, so I know it's much different now. :king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom