Best time to leave ny to wdw on a Friday

macefamily

We live in northeast PA. My daughter and her boyfriend did the drive to Disneyworld twice last summer. In early June they left at 11:00PM. They got through Baltimore/Washington before any AM madness began. They rolled into their place in Kissimmee later the next afternoon. When they left in late August for the College Program, they left around midnight. Same deal. They got right through everything and stopped for two or three breaks on the way down. Oh, to be young again....

Upvote 0

Bigmoose

Original Poster
That’s what I wanted to do to be honest with u leave at night wife is to nervous to drive at night so we decided to leave early morning don’t want to leave to early so we can avoid morning traffic in DC so that’s why we decided on 6 am get there after the traffic

Upvote 0

jimbojones

That’s what I wanted to do to be honest with u leave at night wife is to nervous to drive at night so we decided to leave early morning don’t want to leave to early so we can avoid morning traffic in DC so that’s why we decided on 6 am get there after the traffic
driving in the wee hours of the morning is always best if possible. It doesn't feel like "driving at night" if you go to bed at 5pm and wake up at midnight. That is a strategy I use on our very frequent long distance family roadtrips. And the first 8 hours of your drive is not scenic at all so you wouldn't miss anything

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom