Best time for dinner at California Grill?

LittleMerman

Original Poster
We are going to California Grill next month and want to be able to see the fireworks. I don't know how it works but I'm pretty sure the MK fireworks will be at 8:15. What time do you recommend making the reservation? Thanks!

Chi84

Premium Member
We are going to California Grill next month and want to be able to see the fireworks. I don't know how it works but I'm pretty sure the MK fireworks will be at 8:15. What time do you recommend making the reservation? Thanks!
We had a 7:00 reservation when the fireworks were at 8:15 and it was perfect. It’s a three-course dinner so you can expect to be there around 90 minutes or longer. But they will take their cue from you on pacing. We weren’t rushed at all.

Cali Grill is tough to get during fireworks time. You may have to use a reservation finding service.

LittleMerman

Original Poster
We had a 7:00 reservation when the fireworks were at 8:15 and it was perfect. It’s a three-course dinner so you can expect to be there around 90 minutes or longer. But they will take their cue from you on pacing. We weren’t rushed at all.

Cali Grill is tough to get during fireworks time. You may have to use a reservation finding service.
So right now we have 9. We're going to AK all day and they close at 7, so there's potential to be there until around 7:30 if we get in line at the very end of the night. We weren't going to change but we definitely want to get to CA Grill for the fireworks at 8:15. I guess that would be perfect timing so we can eat after the fireworks...? I've never been to CA Grill so I'm really excited!

shipley731

So right now we have 9. We're going to AK all day and they close at 7, so there's potential to be there until around 7:30 if we get in line at the very end of the night. We weren't going to change but we definitely want to get to CA Grill for the fireworks at 8:15. I guess that would be perfect timing so we can eat after the fireworks...? I've never been to CA Grill so I'm really excited!
If it's like it was in the past, you usually couldn't get upstairs until close to the reservation time unless there's room in the lounge. You have to check in on the 4th floor, then be taken up in one of the dedicated elevators. During fireworks, the lounge is usually packed.

LittleMerman

Original Poster
If it's like it was in the past, you usually couldn't get upstairs until close to the reservation time unless there's room in the lounge. You have to check in on the 4th floor, then be taken up in one of the dedicated elevators. During fireworks, the lounge is usually packed.
Oh really? I thought you could go up and see the fireworks no matter what time your dinner reservation was?

LittleMerman

Original Poster
Today? NEVER. Hit a REAL restaurant...
Shula's
Bull & Bear
CAPA
Or any number of REAL Restaurants at DTD 😆. WDW food is slightly elevated fast food.
Oh man! Well like almost everything else at Disney, we're mostly doing it for the experience. I've been a bucket-list restaurant for me for a while + the fireworks! I'll report back =) Also, what is DTD lol

NelleBelle

Oh man! Well like almost everything else at Disney, we're mostly doing it for the experience. I've been a bucket-list restaurant for me for a while + the fireworks! I'll report back =) Also, what is DTD lol
DTD=Downtown Disney, what we old-timers used to call what-is-now-known as Disney Springs (or DS)

DicksonGR

Anyone else finding it difficult to get reservations at Cali Grill? I’m 60 + 10 today and was on at 6am. Got most but Cali, O’hanas and Homecoming were all no shows no matter what date time I entered. Tried on multiple devices too.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Depending on the time of the year (google when the sun sets in Orlando during the time you'll be there) if you get a window seat during the sun set you can literally sit there and watch it disappear. It was honestly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom