Splash Mountain
Splash Mountain Ride | Walt Disney World Resort

The Barnstormer​
The Banrnstormer Ride Description

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Love Space Mountain.
I know its controversial but I find it to be plenty smooth and not scary and love the quick raise your butt off the seat drops.
Many say DLR Space is better but to me its boring with no drops and it just have a bunch of "speed bumps" added for no real reason.

Splash comes in next but more because of the theme and songs and the roller coaster part when you're going to the laughing place rather than for the big drop and wetness.

TotallyBiased

For me it's either 7D or Splash, but I'm not big on water rides and half the time Splash just reeeeks. Space always gives me whiplash and is not a comfortable ride. The effects were cool when I was 9. Now not so much. BTMRR doesn't do much for me beyond aesthetics.

Amidala

I'm a pretty big baby when it comes to thrill rides but personally wouldn't classify anything in MK as a thrill w/ the exception of Splash, at least from an adult perspective. FWIW I do think BMRR is a perfect introductory coaster for kids while still being enjoyable for adults. Whereas the Barnstormer & Mine Train tracks would pretty much only be exciting for a child.

JustAFan

Big Thunder and Seven Dwarfs are themed better, but Space Mountain is more 'thrilling'. The element of speed, even if it's an illusion is better with Space Mountain. The dark adds to the surprise.

Also, albeit unrelated to your query, 9 out of 10 chiropractors agree, Space Mountain is good for business.

Pepper's Ghost

Space Mountain for sure. The fear of death is always thrilling I suppose.
Ditto on Space Mountain, although I've always loved the thrill of imminent danger of losing your hands on the support beams. I still don't understand how I still have two hands rather than two stumps. Could swear every time I'll lose them on that ride.
Space Mountain3.gif

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I voted for Splash Mountain since it's my favorite ride at WDW overall, but I do agree that Space Mountain is more thrilling. The darkness, theming, and classic 70s roller coaster jank (surprisingly this one was NOT built by Arrow) add up to an experience that's more fun than it should have any right to be.

ppet

There are no thrill rides in Magic Kingdom. In all of WDW the only thrill rides are Rock n Roll, Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest. Tron and Guardians may change that.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
There are no thrill rides in Magic Kingdom. In all of WDW the only thrill rides are Rock n Roll, Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest. Tron and Guardians may change that.
They may not be very thrilling by the standards of bigger roller coaster parks, but they are still considered thrill rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom