Best surprise at WDW

klineski96

This isn't our biggest surprise at WDW... but my wife and I were very surprised with how much we loved the food, atmosphere, and experience when we had dinner at Maya Grille at Coronado Springs one evening.

We hadn't read too many good reviews leading up to our visit, but we walked away very very satisfied and happy we chose to eat there.

yankspy

I would have to say my first trip to Epcot Center. We were lucky enough to go there before the grand opening and it was just an amazing place. It was the first new Park I had ever seen at the time and it was a perfect fit for my curious nine year old mind. :)

daverube

The best surprise we've had is finding out how enjoyable the High Tea at the Grand Floridian is. We just discovered this on our last trip (it was highly recommended by several WDWmagicers) and we'll go back every time!!!

Eros, wonderful Eros....

my 2 cents...

dave

Boray

This past Halloween, we were boarding the tram to go back to our car at the Studios and my 6 year-old daughter began to cry. (It was our last day and we were leaving early the next morning.) She was just sobbing and two college-age kids (I call them kids because I'm at least twice their age!) turned around and began talking to her. The girl (I wish I knew her name!) said "Princess, what is wrong?" and my daughter, through her sobs, told her that we have to leave and she wasn't ready to go back home. Through the conversation my daughter and I had with the girl and her friend, we came to find out that the girl worked in entertainment at the MK and her friend worked at the Voyage of the Little Mermaid (his name was Andy and he was from Nebraska, and had been working for the mouse for only 6 months.) The two of them had come to the Studios that day to just have fun - they weren't working. The girl gave my daughter a DVC pin (which she still proudly displays) and Andy gave her an Ariel pin (Ariel is my daughter's FAVORITE princess). It made my daughter stop crying and smile. I'll never forget how good I felt walking to our car after getting off of the tram.

That is Disney magic...thanks to the WONDERFUL CMs who go out of their way everyday to make that magic and gave my family a wonderful memory... :sohappy:

Perhaps this story isn't a "surprise" but it was an interaction that we didn't expect, so in that way it was a very pleasant surprise.

NewfieFan

My best surprise would have to be my son getting picked to "start" the fireworks at the Rose and Crown in '07! It was our first trip together as a family and that night lives on in my memory. All the staff were great at the R & C that night especially our server! And when we returned to our table they had a Magical Moments certificate signed by all the staff... it was so nice!

Another nice surprise happened in our resort gift shop. I was just passing the time with my daughter in her stroller (who was quite ill) and a CM bent down to talk to her... except my daughter didn't really respond to her. I explained that she was quite sick and not herself today! A couple minutes later that same CM bent down and gave my daughter a Tinker Bell pin and told her that Tinker Bell gave it to her to feel better! My daughters eyes grew so wide and she even gave a "half-smile" to the CM. I thanked her so much... it made my daughter's day but it made mine even more!

And that's why I go to Disney every year...

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The biggest surprise for me is the 'reride-ability' of my favorite classics. Who would have thought all these years later, I'd look most forward to things like TTA, CoP, Impressions de France, etc... :shrug: :eek:

GoofyMom2

We have had so many special surprises happen over the years.

One of my favorites was in Sept 2008. DH and I were on our 10 year anniversary trip, just the 2 of us. When we checked into the Poly (my dream resort) the CM saw that it was our anniversary. They upgraded us to Concierge level for free! Then, shortly after we got into the room, the same CM came by with 2 real leis (made with real flowers) for us to wear to our dinner at O'Hana's. That was such a special trip :)

Sassagoula-Rvr

On Kali River Rapids one of the young ones in our group went to check his height on the little bar thing. And when he backed away he kind of turned around and the bar was metal and cut him right across the forehead. And you all know how much your head can bleed. Anyways a CM quickly called the AK paramedic and he arrived followed by a Disney guest relations person. After the medic left the Disney person went with our group through the queue and left us at the load station. We all figured that was the end but when we came back through she was still standing there and when the guy went to unload our raft she stepped in and said let them go around again. The guy was like said something like why? and then the last thing we saw was her pulling him off to the side for a "discussion". Granted it was an accident but the kid loved it and especially when the other people on our raft were high fiving him at the end and telling him how tough he was. It was really great, and Disney didn't have to do something like that. It was an accident after all.

diddy_mouse

One unexpected surprise on our most recent trip was having our room at the WL ready right away (we arrived around noon or so) and being upgraded to a Woods View. This came on the heels of having our towncar from MCO upgraded to an Escalade. Now that was a great way to arrive on Disney property! :lol:

coachjt

My best experiance took place some time ago. My son was eight, 1989. It was christmas, Christmas morning we woke up and over night the resort was transformed. The whole place top to bottom was decorated like nothing I had seen before. Heard all the stories, but never in my life could I have imagined the detail. Magical just dosnt seem to do it justice.

On our door was a stocking filled with toys for my son. I understand when someone complains about the little things disapearing at WDW,
These are the special things that made disney what it was. Thats why we keep going back. Our fear is that it will just become another amusement park.

Somehow even though there are thousands of people there they make you feel special, thats the real magic. I hope there is still some magic left
to influence the head muckity-mucks to keep all the small things that made them the "Happiest place on earth"

jeffk410

My favorite surprise (More like great thing) was back when Disney was not as strict about characters was at the town square exposition hall. This was about 10 years ago and my whole family 6 of us wandered into the back room. It was completely empty, but to our surprise was the 7 dwarfs. We were there for a good 20-25 minutes with just our family and them. It was so magical Sleepy would start falling asleep on one of us. Grumpy was just well grumpy, bashful acted all shy. They were all in character and it was something i know none of us will ever forget. It is my best Disney moment ever and is true disney magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom