Best Supermarket off-property?

CalicoJack97

Original Poster
Good Morning everyone, I just wanted to know what the best supermarket that's off-property and close by. Is there a Winn Dixie or another equivalent close-by?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Define "best." Best for a local doing their weekly grocery shopping, Publix in Celebration. For a tourist looking to load up for the week, the Target southwest of property on the corner of 429 and 192.

CalicoJack97

Original Poster
Define "best." Best for a local doing their weekly grocery shopping, Publix in Celebration. For a tourist looking to load up for the week, the Target southwest of property on the corner of 429 and 192.

Sorry Captain America, what I meant to say was "Tourist looking to load up for the week"

WDWMPrincess

Good Morning everyone, I just wanted to know what the best supermarket that's off-property and close by. Is there a Winn Dixie or another equivalent close-by?

Several stores offer a service where you place an order and just pick up at the store. I believe Publix has an offer for a free trial of their service so that's a thought.

fireworkz

Publix is best overall, but where would be “close by”? Winn Dixie is very close to the Disney Springs/Hotel blvd entrance if you’re staying in that area the extra distance to the Publix at Celebration might not be worth the extra time.

TamaraQT

I prefer Walmart and then Publix. We generally stay for 2 weeks and I try to only grocery shop once. Sign up online for Publix store discount card. Then check the website the week of your trip to see what maybe on sale. I love Publix but its just a little more pricey than Walmart.

Publix.
You can save a little money at Wal-Mart, but it will cost you your sanity.

This made me literally Laugh Out Loud because it's so true. Walmarts in the area can be a madhouse filled with all of us tourists. I think what makes it crazy is the "family" shopping. Generally grocery shopping doesnt involve the entire family but in a tourist area, it seems to be the only option. This makes the stores more crowded than normal.

I don't know about best , but we always go to Walmart located in Turkey Lake road . It has always been quiet and well stocked when we have been as well.

I agree. That is my favorite Walmart when I stay at Westgate Lakes since it is right down the road. It takes less than 5 minutes to get to. I agree they seem to always be well stocked and a little more quiet. I think its because Westgate Lakes is the only timeshare resort close by. If there were plenty of other resorts/hotels in the area, I think it would be more crowded.

The new walmart off West Irlo Bronson/192 and near Sherberth Rd. big and good prices and cheap.

Now this is the Walmart I have been waiting for !!!! I am staying at Orange Lake Resort for a week and then possibly Westgate Vacation Villas for the 2nd week and this new Walmart is going to be SUPER convenient. Also, I am very excited about the convenience of online shopping and pickup. It will save so much time not having to shop for items I know I will need like water, soda, chips, plates, cups, condiments and so forth. Not having to hunt and peck for all of that is going to save loads of time. Its also going to save money because I wont have to walk thru the store so that means I wont pickup extra items that I pass by on my way up to the register. I just pickup at the window and I won't have to "browse" inside the store at all. I can't wait to try it.

DisneyFreak

Publix is the best.

1527876834251.png

BigRedDad

Tons of options and the day/time of week you go will impact your experience. Saturday Sunday are insane with the tourists coming in. If you have to go one of those days do it early in the morning. Believe it or not, Wally World is great down there. Meat section is one of the better ones around. Other than that, I would do Publix. You may spend a little more than a Winn Dixie, but better quality. I'd spend the extra $10 to hit a Publix.

DISR

I second the Winn Dixie. Used it several times when staying at SSR and it is very easy to get to. There is also a very good ABC store in the same parking lot. Publix is a better grocery store, but for Disney we are getting very basic stuff. Do check the hours before heading over. Tried to do an early morning run while the family was getting ready and Winn Dixie was not open yet. Had to re-route to Publix which was open early morning. Publix also has delivery if you are interested in that service. I thought their selection was a little better than garden grocer. A lot of the choice depends on which part of Disney you are staying in. The most convenient is the best. I wouldn't add 15 minutes each way on the trip to save the price of a churro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom