Best Steak At The Yachtsman??

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
So from your Experience what tends to be the best Steak available at The Yachtsman??

Any other recommended dishes??:wave:

mickeysshoes

I will never eat it all but the Porterhouse is melt in your mouth yummy!! :slurp: And make sure not to full up on warm bread with the roasted garlic. :slurp: Enjoy!!

bigkbull

I would HIGHLY recommend the Porterhouse. I actually had about 1.5 of them when we went there in August :eek:

There's a bit of a story, so here goes. My fiancee ordered her steak, which was also delicious:

DSC03255.jpg

She ordered it, "medium". When I ordered mine, I stated, "medium as well". Apparently the waiter heard "medium well" and that's how it came. After eating some of it and trying to get more and more into the middle thinking that it would be pinker and juicier when I got toward the middle but that not happening I realized what happened. When the waiter came over to see how things were I asked if he heard me say "medium well" instead of "medium as well" and his mouth dropped and he hung his head in shame. He immediately started to apologize and told me he would get me another. I told him repeatedly that it was my fault for ordering it that way and it was ok, that I had already eaten so much and I wouldn't want to waste it. He begged, "Please, let me make this right." So I finally gave in. After a short wait I saw the CHEF coming out of the kitchen and hand-delivered my steak. He asked me to cut into it and make sure that he didn't make a mistake again. I felt so bad and told him that it wasn't his fault, it was totally my fault. So, the first steak was delicious, just a little drier than I like. The second one was PERFECT. I ate the whole thing. So yeah, I ate about 1.5 porterhouse steaks. They're that good. I was so full. :)

First one:

DSC03253.jpg

Second one:

DSC03257.jpg

Also worth noting is how much smaller the bone was in the second one. It was ALL MEAT. Omg, I want it right now.

mickeysshoes

I would HIGHLY recommend the Porterhouse. I actually had about 1.5 of them when we went there in August :eek:

There's a bit of a story, so here goes. My fiancee ordered her steak, which was also delicious:

DSC03255.jpg

She ordered it, "medium". When I ordered mine, I stated, "medium as well". Apparently the waiter heard "medium well" and that's how it came. After eating some of it and trying to get more and more into the middle thinking that it would be pinker and juicier when I got toward the middle but that not happening I realized what happened. When the waiter came over to see how things were I asked if he heard me say "medium well" instead of "medium as well" and his mouth dropped and he hung his head in shame. He immediately started to apologize and told me he would get me another. I told him repeatedly that it was my fault for ordering it that way and it was ok, that I had already eaten so much and I wouldn't want to waste it. He begged, "Please, let me make this right." So I finally gave in. After a short wait I saw the CHEF coming out of the kitchen and hand-delivered my steak. He asked me to cut into it and make sure that he didn't make a mistake again. I felt so bad and told him that it wasn't his fault, it was totally my fault. So, the first steak was delicious, just a little drier than I like. The second one was PERFECT. I ate the whole thing. So yeah, I ate about 1.5 porterhouse steaks. They're that good. I was so full. :)

First one:

DSC03253.jpg

Second one:

DSC03257.jpg

Also worth noting is how much smaller the bone was in the second one. It was ALL MEAT. Omg, I want it right now.

Yes.....:slurp: that first one is what mine looked like but i get mine MED-RARE!!!! OH so yummy!!!!!!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster

DSC03255.jpg

First one:

DSC03253.jpg

Second one:

DSC03257.jpg

Oh man that second steak looks SO GOOD :slurp::slurp:

Fries look pretty good too, roll on next August :sohappy:

ImaYoyo

Without a doubt, the best steak varies from night to night, hour to hour.

Ask the server which cuts look best today. Certain days you may get more of a certain cut with better marblization and/or aging. Just ask and they'll steer you in the right direction!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
A suggestion - my Father (a maitre de at very good restaurants in SF from about 1945-1968) taught me to ALWAYS cut any steak right down the middle - then eat toward the ends. This has a dual benefit: you will see right away if the steak is cooked to your specs, and can send it back if it is not. And? If you get full - you've had the BEST part of the steak :).

A-1 Advice!

I will remember It!!!

worldfanatic

A suggestion - my Father (a maitre de at very good restaurants in SF from about 1945-1968) taught me to ALWAYS cut any steak right down the middle - then eat toward the ends. This has a dual benefit: you will see right away if the steak is cooked to your specs, and can send it back if it is not. And? If you get full - you've had the BEST part of the steak :).

Awesome advice!!
Never thought of doing that.
Thanks Trotsky...............& Thanks to your Dad!:animwink:

Phonedave

Without a doubt, the best steak varies from night to night, hour to hour.

Ask the server which cuts look best today. Certain days you may get more of a certain cut with better marblization and/or aging. Just ask and they'll steer you in the right direction!

Exactly.

What is also the BEST varies with personal taste. I happen to value flavor more than tenderness. I personaly love a hangar steak (onglet) but thats me, and a hanger steak is quite chewy. A tenderloin is going to be a lot more tender, but also is not as flavorful.

Cuts originating from closer to organ meats also have a different flavor a skirt steak can have a slight "liver" udnertone to it (as well as the onglet). A undercurrent of iron and blood if you will (again, which I like)

As for a porterhouse, it is two steaks. The bigger side of the porterhouse is a Strip steak and the smaller portion is a tenderloin. Pay attention when you eat one and sample the two sides. You will notice (hopefully) the difference in taste and texture between the two. If you perfer one side over the other, then you know what specific cut (strip or tenderloin) to order the next time.

-dave

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Exactly.

What is also the BEST varies with personal taste. I happen to value flavor more than tenderness. I personaly love a hangar steak (onglet) but thats me, and a hanger steak is quite chewy. A tenderloin is going to be a lot more tender, but also is not as flavorful.

Cuts originating from closer to organ meats also have a different flavor a skirt steak can have a slight "liver" udnertone to it (as well as the onglet). A undercurrent of iron and blood if you will (again, which I like)

As for a porterhouse, it is two steaks. The bigger side of the porterhouse is a Strip steak and the smaller portion is a tenderloin. Pay attention when you eat one and sample the two sides. You will notice (hopefully) the difference in taste and texture between the two. If you perfer one side over the other, then you know what specific cut (strip or tenderloin) to order the next time.

-dave

Thanks man great insight :wave:

danpam1024

I had the lamb a couple times. Super thick chops, delicious:slurp:. Wish we had gone there instead of Le Cellier. Just my opinion;)

EvilQueen-T

we ate at yachtman's last week. i had the filet, my sister had the porterhouse. both were delicious. i say this when i was getting sick with a stomach bug not when i was starving and would have eaten cheerios and thought they were great and the steaks tasted fabulous. best steaks we had at disney.waaaaay better than the ny strip i had the same week at le cellier.

sweetpee_1993

I had a New York strip & rib-eye. Wasn't particularly impressed with either one. Definitely have had better elsewhere (not WDW). I think either I'm not easily impressed or the rest of the world is. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom