Best snacks for kids in Magic Kingdom and Epcot?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Friend of mine is going to disney world for their first time and is bringing their 11 year old son.. Any idea from parents out there of yummy snacks that a picky kids would like while in disney world? I always traveled with adults so my normal recommendations in epcot are out lol

cw1982

Honestly, I'm about as picky as most kids... DH often makes fun of me for having a preference to pizza and chicken nuggets lol. When we first booked our upcoming trip, I was looking at a lot of the QS places' menus, and honestly, there were very few places that I didn't look at and think I would be able to find something I'd like.
I'd argue that, if we're just talking snacks, so presumably more QS/CS type stuff, you'd be hard pressed to find a counter that didn't have something he'd like.

jpittore1

Go to the France bakery in Epcot. Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie the fruit tarts are wonderful. The Plaza Ice Cream Palor is usually a hit with all children at the Magic Kingdom. Otherwise take the child and let them eat candy at Main Street Confectionery, usually picky eaters can find candy they like ;)

Matt_Black

Casey's Corner (and presumably other places) have HUGE bags of cotton candy (counts as a dessert on the dining plan). I remember I went with my mother- I got the brownie or cake thing as my dessert choice and she got the cotton candy and I just looked at the respective sizes; the line from the knight in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade was repeating in my head. "He chose... Poorly."

Anyway, I've yet to meet the child that doesn't like cotton candy.

EricJ

My daughter is about as picky as they come, but she loves the Dole whips.

The Dole whips and newly restored Citrus Swirls go without saying--
But I'd also never actually had a chocolate-covered frozen banana before one excessively hot/humid day in Animal Kingdom. :)

crispy

Popcorn and any type of slushy drink are favorites of my girls. The also like bakery treats like rice krispy treats, cupcakes, cake pops, and cookies.

CheshireCat12

Why would an 11 year old necessarily like only "kiddie" snacks? Some kids will be more adventurous. But with that said, anything from a bakery, Dole Whip, Mickey pretzels, popcorn, Dole Whip, Mickey bars, and probably the waffle sandwiches with nutella, hot dogs from Casey's, and did I mention Dole Whip????:hungry: If you go to Epcot, you have to get treats from Karamell-Kuche in Germany- the caramel corn and the caramel apples, sea salt caramels, caramel apple cookie, caramel chocolate cookie, caramel pecan bar.....gee I hope the kid likes caramel! Also kids this age seem to like fries, so maybe the fish and chips at Yorkshire; maybe try the nachos at Mexico?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom