BEST Snack using disney dining plan

faith

For those of you who have used the disney dining plan...what was the best snack item you found could be purchased using a disney dining plan snack credit and where was it purchased? I am looking for good ideas on what these credits can be used to purchase. Thank you in advance for any input!!!! :wave:

kellydisney

Hi,

I was under the impression that it is only good for a 20oz soda, small popcorn, or ice cream from the carts.

It would be great if you can get a pretzel with it!!

Upvote 0

bhg469

mmmm ice cream cookie sandwhich :slurp: thats jsut wishful thinking. its for soda popcorn and one of the packaged icecream treats unfortunately curros and turkey legs arent considered snacks :(

Upvote 0

faith

Original Poster
I have read that the credits have been taken for other things. I am trying to confirm whether or not this rumor is true. I have read (a long time ago) of people using these to get muffins for breakfast among other things. Has anyone had any luck? My favorite snack is the caramel apples but I feel pretty certain that the answer would be no to this one. :slurp:

Upvote 0

bhg469

i wish they would make more things available, im not a big fan of the ice cream and i hate their popcorn. using it ofr a water is just sort of a waste to me.

Upvote 0

prberk

I have just purchased my annual pass, and can purchase the DDP as soon as the vouchers get here in the mail. The literature I have seen does NOT talk about snack credits, just 20% discounts from most restaurants. Can anyone enlighten me about the snack option and how it works?

Thanks,
Paul

Upvote 0

gboiler1

According to the Disney Dining Plan brochure a snack includes 1 of the following...

Frozen Ice Cream Novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar...Popcorn Scoop (single serving box), SIngle Piece or Whole Fruit, Single serving Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's Chips, 20 oz. Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24 oz. Dasani Water, Medium Fountain Soft Drink or Apple Juice.

However, I've read a couple other posts here that occasionally the vendor will accept something different. However, my guess is it will throw off their "drawer" and they'll be coached on it, so I would suspect less and less variations as time goes by, but I'd like to hear of instances where there was something different accepted.
IMO, I'd like to see an individual snack carts/stands sell.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

prberk said:
I have just purchased my annual pass, and can purchase the DDP as soon as the vouchers get here in the mail. The literature I have seen does NOT talk about snack credits, just 20% discounts from most restaurants. Can anyone enlighten me about the snack option and how it works?

Thanks,
Paul
I think you are getting the DDE (Disney Dining Experience)- 20% off at select restaurants.

DDP (Disney Dining Plan) is sold as part of "packages", you get 1 sit down meal, 1 counter service meal, and 1 snack per night of your package.

Upvote 0

faith

Original Poster
There is a discount code currently offered where the dining plan is free for hurricane season trips. The code expires this weekend. I obtained the code from mousesavers.

Upvote 0

hollyberries

gboiler1 said:
According to the Disney Dining Plan brochure a snack includes 1 of the following...

Frozen Ice Cream Novelty, Popsicle or Fruit Bar...Popcorn Scoop (single serving box), SIngle Piece or Whole Fruit, Single serving Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's Chips, 20 oz. Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24 oz. Dasani Water, Medium Fountain Soft Drink or Apple Juice.

However, I've read a couple other posts here that occasionally the vendor will accept something different. However, my guess is it will throw off their "drawer" and they'll be coached on it, so I would suspect less and less variations as time goes by, but I'd like to hear of instances where there was something different accepted.
IMO, I'd like to see an individual snack carts/stands sell.

on our recent trip, the individual snack carts/stands did sell snacks to be used on the plan. and the signs on all the stands have square markings with a DDP in the blocks next to the items that can be used on the plan. we only used a cart once on our last day because we didn't realize they could do the dining plan! they are much quicker than having to stand in lines at counter services and wish we'd have realized this earlier in the trip. however, as always, KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

also, if i remember correctly, my sister was able to use a snack for a banana at our resort cafeteria (POP) but was charged a counter service for her bowl of fruit and a bottled water---so there you have it. also, you need to be aware of the plan and what you get because not all the cashiers are---we were made to pay for 4 bottles of 20oz sodas because our cashier didn't realize they were part ofthe plan and thought it was only fountain sodas. this was quickly corrected though, but you have to pay attention, that's all.
:)

Upvote 0

hollyberries

oh i forgot the BEST snack item....which can only be a personal preference but i think the best thing you can get on a hot humid florida day is a 24 oz bottle of ice cold water!!!!!! might not taste as good as the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich though!!!!!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom