Best shortcuts in Disney World

BareNecessities

Original Poster
So what is your favorite shortcut to use while walking through the parks in disney world? Besides the obvious cutting through the shops on main street in order to exit the park after the fireworks, my next favorite would be the walkway that goes past the tomorrow land terrance and into tomorrow land. It just seems that hardly anyone uses that walkway, maybe because it looks like it could be a dead end or something since its right next to the lake. I digress, its much faster to use that shortcut to enter tomorrow land vs. the main bridge that many others use. I use this shortcut to start my day at the MK nearly every time I enter the park. So like I said at the beginning of my post, what is your favorite shortcuts to use when inside the parks?

p.s. this is my first thread and if this topic has already been discussed I apologize in advance. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Shortcut from what is now the fantasyland train station to tomorrowland. Takes you behind the speedway and dumps you out around space mountain. In the past this was just a quiet path through some trees since the crowd in toon town was never huge and you didnt need a shortcut out of there, but with the FLE this should be a good short cut to get from new fantasyland to Space.

bethymouse

We get on the train and get off at frontierland to ride splash and thunder.:) We use the "stroller area" cut through as well for adventureland.:)

ellie-badge

I have no idea if it's still there, as I haven't been to the parks since long before the refurbishment, but there was a shortcut around the area where kids could get their photo taken on one of the racing pod things in front of Star Tours. It's well hidden and we discovered it when a cast member led us through (it's not a restricted area and doesn't lead to anything restricted, it's just a nice little pathway). I want to say that it takes you out to an area nearby the giant hat but I can't recall at this point. It's been way too long. :(

FettFan

I like walking through innoventions to get to tt or soarin coming from the entrance of epcot

Agreed. Innoventions offers air conditioning, which makes getting from TT/MS to Soarin so much easier. We generally cut through Mouse Works and Electric Umbrella, take the short route across the courtyard to Innoventions West and then exit in the breezeway in front of The Land.

jaques21

I SOOOOO WANT TO SEE A GATOR! haha
HAHA, Go to any lake in Florida that is not man made and you'll see a gator. A good shortcut only used when the park is packed is going through the parking lot behind main street if its open xD

rct247

Favorite Magic Kingdom Shortcuts:
-Space Mountain to Storybook Circus
-Main Street through Tomorrowland Terrace to Tomorrowland
Adventureland (Sunshine Tree Terrace) to Frontierland (Country Bears)

Favorite Epcot Shortcuts:
-Back Entrance into the Park
-Innoventions
-Test Track past Odyssey to World Showcase

Favorite Studios Shortcuts:
-Sounds Dangerous to Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (bypassing traffic past Star Tours)
-Hollywood Blvd to Sunset Blvd via Oscar's Gate (only open during busy seasons)
-Streets of America into Muppets Courtyard

Favorite DAK Shortcuts:
-Exit of Dinosaur not through the giftshop (don't follow the exit signs)
-Little bridge in the Oasis
-Tree of Life paths to bypass parade traffic

Favorite Downtown Disney Shortcuts:
-Waterfront path through Pleasure Island (Cookes of Dublin to Adventurer's Club)
-Waterfront path through the West Side (House of Blues to Characters in Flight)
-Backside of World of Disney (Lego Store to Basin)

onesandzeros

If you arrive at AK early in the morning and there’s a large crowed at the ticket entrance, try this.
Go into the Rainforest Café, on the right you’ll see a gift shop, walk through the shop and out the back. You’ll find a ticket entrance that usually has few if any guests in line.

BareNecessities

Original Poster
Favorite Magic Kingdom Shortcuts:
-Space Mountain to Storybook Circus
-Main Street through Tomorrowland Terrace to Tomorrowland
Adventureland (Sunshine Tree Terrace) to Frontierland (Country Bears)

Favorite Epcot Shortcuts:
-Back Entrance into the Park
-Innoventions
-Test Track past Odyssey to World Showcase

Favorite Studios Shortcuts:
-Sounds Dangerous to Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (bypassing traffic past Star Tours)
-Hollywood Blvd to Sunset Blvd via Oscar's Gate (only open during busy seasons)
-Streets of America into Muppets Courtyard

Favorite DAK Shortcuts:
-Exit of Dinosaur not through the giftshop (don't follow the exit signs)
-Little bridge in the Oasis
-Tree of Life paths to bypass parade traffic

Favorite Downtown Disney Shortcuts:
-Waterfront path through Pleasure Island (Cookes of Dublin to Adventurer's Club)
-Waterfront path through the West Side (House of Blues to Characters in Flight)
-Backside of World of Disney (Lego Store to Basin)
I totally forgot about the back entrance to epcot, mostly because I almost always stay at the yacht club/boardwalk so the back entrance feels like the front to me. But I rarely ever have to wait to enter the park from that side of the park, so thats definitely one of my favorite shortcuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom