Best Romantic Moderate

Master__Gracey

I'm looking for opinions on what would be the best romantic (but still very disney) moderate for a honeymoon. Unfortunately we can't swing a deluxe as we're spending money on the rest of the trip. I'm leaning towards Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach because she didn't care for POFQ when we looked around last time (said it wasn't disney enough) and I vaguely remember staying at Riverside back when it was Dixie Landings and there being a whole lot of walking to get anywhere. Any and all pros or cons, even minor ones, would be appreciated.

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
We didn't choose Coronado since we will be spending 10 days in Mexico for our wedding and wanted something a bit different.

That's exactly why I'm hesitant to really look at Caribbean Beach. We're going to be on a cruise beforehand and I think it would be nice to have a different theme for the second leg.

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

I'm looking for opinions on what would be the best romantic (but still very disney) moderate for a honeymoon. Unfortunately we can't swing a deluxe as we're spending money on the rest of the trip. I'm leaning towards Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach because she didn't care for POFQ when we looked around last time (said it wasn't disney enough) and I vaguely remember staying at Riverside back when it was Dixie Landings and there being a whole lot of walking to get anywhere. Any and all pros or cons, even minor ones, would be appreciated.

Well, I've stayed at BOTH and Caribbean Beach is NOT ROMANTIC.

And I know romantic. :king: tee hee

I love Coronado Springs and am staying there for 4 days starting this Thursday. :)

Upvote 0
Ditto. We've stayed at all of the moderates and Coronado Springs was our least favorite for that reason alone. Staying in the Casitas section kinda reminded me of staying in a big pink and orange motel. There wasn't enough themeing there to maintain the magic with the conventioneers near the quiet pool or hanging out in the breeze-ways. May have had a different experience in the Ranchos (my FAVORITE moderate section just from how they look) or the Cabanas.

Our first "on propery" adult Disneyworld trip was our honeymoon. We stayed at Caribbean Beach before we really knew anything about how the World worked. We had a wonderful time. We had a room in Jamaica so it was a short walk to the bus stop and pleasant walk across the island bridges of Caribbean Cay to the main pool and food court at Old Port Royale. We particularly liked the size of the buildings in CBR. The two story buildings were just small enough to feel intimate and cosy but just spread out enough to feel like we had enough space to be ourselves.

Now that I've stayed just about everywhere else on property, and know way more about Disneyworld than any normal person should, I wouldn't have changed a thing if I had to do it all over again.
I agree completely! CBR is my favorite of the moderates. We found the food court to be beautiful, the sit-down restaurant delicious, and the rooms larger than other moderates. Also, the tropical decor was relaxing and romantic, just like the gorgeous landscaping.

We stayed at POFQ recently, and I thought I'd love it, but I just didn't-maybe the huge jester heads were a little creepy for me! The room seemed small, too. Just my 2 cents--you really can't go wrong at any of the mods!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We ate at the CBR food court two of the last three years (we always give every restaurant two chances). Both times we were very disappointed--first year only two stations were open and just a couple of weeks ago the food was awful (like it had been sitting there for days). I have heard the new pool is terrific though.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

PrePost!

I love the Coronado Springs it is beautiful! I feel it has a more "adult" feel to it with the Salon & Spa, the Numerous bars and Restaurants, and now RIX Lounge.
If you are going with friends or your a young couple it is a great place to get away from the "family" side of Disney (IMO) not that the "family" side is a problem its just nice to have a break every once in awhile. With Pleasure Island closing the Boardwalk and the Coronado seem to be the place to be now when you would like to "party".
I post this in "Favorite Moderate Resorts" but I will add that with the Salon and Spa (Casa de Belleza) you can get Aesthetic and Massage Treatments together. At the Maya Grill or Rix Cafe you could have a nice romantic dinner. Then go have some drinks and Dancing at Rix Lounge, finish the night with a walk around Lago Dorado (the Lake) and relax under the moon in the Hammocks that surround it. They also have boats which you could rent and take out for a nice day on the Lake, and the pools are all beautiful especially the "quiet" pools that are located in the three sections of the Resort. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip.
BTW The Coronado Springs has a Unnofficial site that is loaded with info and pictures of the Resort maybe that will help as well.

Upvote 0

shadowalker47

Rooms at POR

The rooms with the king sized beds at POR are on the corners of each building. I know this because I stayed in one last year. If you can try to get one of the mansion rooms. The one I had was close to the bridge to get to the main pool, but I never heard any noise from that area unless I was outside. The view of the river is gorgeous and the in the morning you can stand out of your room and watch as the ducks float by.

Upvote 0

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
Are the mansion rooms at POR another name for the rooms in Magnolia Bend or is this some different classification?

Thanks for the link NiarrNDisney!!

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Magnolia Bend is the official name for the "mansion" rooms at POR. Within Magnolia Bend there are 4 buildings, Acadian House, Magnolia Terrace, Oak Manor and Parterre Place.

Upvote 0
We just returned on the 20th from a week at Caribbean Beach, And I LOVED IT. We had paid for a water view room and requested either Trinadad North or Martinque. We ended up with a corner room in Trinadad North. What a view we had. I was able to watch the sunrise over the lake every morning. It is a resort that is very spread out, but if you are looking for romance a nice walk around the resort would be great. And the new pool is great. Had no problems with the food at the food court. Everything that we had there was Yummy. :)

Upvote 0

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
Thank you all for the input. I'm between Coronado and POR now, with a lean towards POR. Any other tips of romantic activities that the resorts offer or room deals that typically come by and I should wait for??

Upvote 0

eroyee

Dont forget the romantic nighttime carriage rides at POR and Bob, the piano man in the lounge and the boat rides to DTD. they are romantic at night but kinda cool out!

Upvote 0

tony&mistyw

My wife and I stayed at POR a year ago this oct., for a week on our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. I absolutely stay there again. We had a room in one of the mansion buildings and it was a very short walk to the bus stop and the main building. Highly Recommend it.:wave:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Thank you all for the input. I'm between Coronado and POR now, with a lean towards POR. Any other tips of romantic activities that the resorts offer or room deals that typically come by and I should wait for??

Aside from the water launches to/from Downtown Disney, there's also watercraft you can rent. Not necessarily romantic, but there are stretches of the "river" where you won't see many people, and you can just kind of idle and relax.

And like all of the moderates, there's pizza delivery, in case you feel like...staying in... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

CBug88

My vote is for POR- Alligator Bayou. I have stayed there a few times during my visits to the World and I think it is the most relaxing and romantic. Its a nice, slow pace. Have a wonderful time and good luck on your decision!!!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We are contemplating POR on our trip in January, but I read somewhere that the Alligator Bayou buildings are set aside for larger families as it has the trundle bed.

Is this true?

How many of you have ended up where you requested to be (ie, Alligator Bayou) when requesting this on your reservation?

Upvote 0

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
We are contemplating POR on our trip in January, but I read somewhere that the Alligator Bayou buildings are set aside for larger families as it has the trundle bed.

Is this true?

How many of you have ended up where you requested to be (ie, Alligator Bayou) when requesting this on your reservation?

I called and asked if the King beds were grouped together in one area and they said no. They are spread throughout. So it seems that Alligator Bayou isn't just for large families or else they wouldn't have some rooms with only king beds there. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom