Best roller coaster at Walt Disney World?

Which is the best ride?

• The Barnstormer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

• Slinky Dog Dash

• TRON Lightcycle / Run

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
The Barnstormer:
Barnstormer-646x340.png

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad:
big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00.jpg

Expedition Everest:
expedition-everest-day-00.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind:
HA26762716387.jpg

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster:
rock-and-roller-coaster-starring-aerosmith-00.jpg

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train:
7-dwarfs-mine-train-00.jpg

Slinky Dog Dash:
toy-story-slinky-dog-ride-16x9.jpg

Space Mountain:
space-mountain-00.jpg

TRON Lightcycle / Run:
FITP7527522775267526545211.jpg

BlakeW39

In my opinion the answer is easily Expedition Everest. Even as a coaster I prefer it to Guardians. But even then, given all its broken effects I don't think it's one of the best E-tickets on property, not really. In its hayday, I'd have placed it with the likes of truly great Disney attractions, like Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, Indiana Jones Adventure, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Splash Mountain, Radiator Springs Racers, Flight of Passage, and DL Pirates of the Carribean. But I'd say it's a notch below any of those these days.

Guardians I found to be a bit overrated. The coaster itself was pretty fun albeit not especially thrilling. Good family coaster. But the on ride effects I found across the board to be very weak and unconvincing. At no point did I 'feel' like I was in outer space, or witnessing the dawn of the universe.

Club Cooloholic

Really tough on this one. So many are fun so for the heck of it I will give a review of each and why I voted the way I did.

Barnstormer- Kid Coaster that isn't that unique to other park's similar kid coasters.

Big Thunder- Really great ride, theme is fun and the set pieces look great at night. I would say some days I like it as much as Space, my 4th favorite.

Expedition Everest- Got my vote. Themed galore from the queue which helps set the scene and build the ride anticipation to the ride itself. Yes I know it could be even better with a moving yeti, but the whole thing still works and you gotta love the park views.

Cosmic Rewind- Really 2A to Everest, I would love to ride either one. Everest gets the nod, as I prefer it's boarding process and queue, and the storyline for the ride is just overall better and makes more sense.

Rock and Rollercoaster- I used to think it was severely overrated, but I dunno, last few rides it's just been a joy. Maybe because my kids like it now?

SDMT- eh, the ride is not thrilling enough and way too short to make up for the nice set pieces.

Slinky Dog Dash- a guilty pleasure, but suffers from bad queue theme and often leaving riders with horrible sunburn from having baked in line without much shade. Seriously Andy, make a few tent forts.

Space Mountain- Still a great ride, the classic runs a nice 3rd on my favorite list.

TRON- Rode it in Shanghai, could have rode it twice as line was not that long first thing in the morning...I chose not to, because while the building was cool and the concept of riding like on a cycle was cool, the ride was short and not that interesting. I think it could have been done better by having been a dueling coaster with a red and blue track. Let's just say, I was not wowed despite the hype, and once I rode Hagrids Motorbike I came away thinking Uni throughly trounced Disney with in the bike coaster concept department.

PiratesMansion

Can't comment on any that opened after 2017, really (although I did Tron in Shanghai. It's fine).

Barnstormer...exists.

Big Thunder is fun, but isn't appreciably different to me vs. the one at Disneyland.

Expedition Everest should probably be the best, but it's kind of lightly themed once you're on the ride, and going backwards goes over less and less well for my body over time.

RNRC is fun, but will never be my favorite. Maybe because there's a preshow I have to experience each time? I don't know. Just not my favorite.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is too short and too weirdly uncomfortable to be in consideration.

That leaves Space Mountain, which in some ways is starkly thrilling compared to what Disney would built today, and in the dark, with a funky aesthetic and atmosphere that is unique even among the different Space Mountains around the world.

IanDLBZF

For me, SDMT, GOGCR, BTMRR, and Tron all live up in my book!
RNRC makes me feel lightheaded after coming off, Everest and Space Mountain are still fun, as is Slinky Dog Dash. Barnstormer I feel is more for little kids, but for those coaster enthusiasts out there who want to consider it as a kiddie credit, go ahead.

Disneyland's Space Mountain is so much better than WDW's Space Mountain, and same can be said about BTMRR.

BlakeW39

Can't comment on any that opened after 2017, really (although I did Tron in Shanghai. It's fine).

Barnstormer...exists.

Big Thunder is fun, but isn't appreciably different to me vs. the one at Disneyland.

Expedition Everest should probably be the best, but it's kind of lightly themed once you're on the ride, and going backwards goes over less and less well for my body over time.

RNRC is fun, but will never be my favorite. Maybe because there's a preshow I have to experience each time? I don't know. Just not my favorite.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is too short and too weirdly uncomfortable to be in consideration.

That leaves Space Mountain, which in some ways is starkly thrilling compared to what Disney would built today, and in the dark, with a funky aesthetic and atmosphere that is unique even among the different Space Mountains around the world.

Yeah TRON is really short which keeps it from being a meaningful addition to the MK imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom