Best ride in Florida?

Best ride in Florida?

• Total voters

DISR

Tough to answer and very subjective (obviously). Velocicoaster is certainly the most thrilling. RoTR has amazing theming, detail, and show elements, but not necessarily much thrill factor. Others have lots of nostalgic or pure entertainment value. Combining the the previously mentioned elements, my choice is Hagrids. I am a die hard Disney fan, but I think it is overall the best coaster in central FL. I am onboard with FoP being included as well. Loved RoTR, but if I may actually give the edge to FoP due to its added thrill factor. That said, the immersiveness and overall experience is RoTR is awesome and a great fit for SWGE.

ppete1975

I was expecting more rides from other parks since this was florida and not disney vs universal. I know sea world and busch have built some great roller coasters recently.

Ill vote for silver springs glass bottom boats

MickeyLuv'r

I agree some key rides are missing.
Personally, my top rides are probably: Gringotts, BTMRR, HM, and Hagrid's.

HM - has stood the test of time, and it still holds up as excellent.
BTMRR - While it isn't any kind of mega-coaster, it has great theming/setting and is mild enough to be a family ride that most park goers can ride.
Gringotts - the pre-show and exterior are fabulous, and like BTMRR it is a dark ride that goes beyond a typical dark ride. Mummy and Spiderman are nearly in the same realm. The only thing with Spiderman is that...there have been so many new Spiderman movies that the distance is really showing between what Spiderman used to be and how he is represented today. Mummy would better if they just fixed the harsh breaking in the middle. It is too easy to hit your head on the back headrest. Well that, and maybe the glow-in-the-dark Mummy is a little cheesy. The flame rooms are still impressive though, and the combo of scary + funny are well done.

Hagrid's is super. But...for me to say it is best, it needs a little more time. One big thing though that I will ding it for a tiny bit is the indoor part of the queue. It is too cramped at multiple points.

Sbk1234

On your poll I selected Rise of the Resistance.

But of all the attractions that are currently there that I've been on, I'd add Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and People Mover to the list.

But of all the attractions that have ever been at Walt Disney World, I'd top the list with Horizons, World of Motion, and the original Journey into Imagination.

hopemax

Mummy would better if they just fixed the harsh breaking in the middle. It is too easy to hit your head on the back headrest. Well that, and maybe the glow-in-the-dark Mummy is a little cheesy. The flame rooms are still impressive though, and the combo of scary + funny are well done.
You have seen Mummy is going down for a long refurb for "much needed technical improvements" in January? I can't imagine they won't do something about the breaking, because it is my least favorite thing about that ride.

As for this poll, Forbidden Journey is the only attraction that I've gotten off thinking, "Did I just do that? That this must have been the closest thing to what going to Disneyland during the late 60's with Pirates / Haunted Mansion, etc. was like." I enjoy Spider-Man, FOP and ROTR, but I got bored with them a lot faster than I have with Forbidden Journey. Velocicoaster is the best roller coaster I have been on, but I can't compare it to other types of rides.

Animaniac93-98

I enjoy Spider-Man, FOP and ROTR, but I got bored with them a lot faster than I have with Forbidden Journey.

I felt the opposite after riding FJ again recently. I don't think its aged as well because it's so reliant on screens. I'd say Hagrid's is now the best Potter ride and I think the Hogwart's Express is probably one of the better screen based rides I've seen (for what it is).

I thought RotR was better than FJ and proof that Disney can still do it if they want to.

Dear Prudence

If I was only allowed on 1 ride for the rest of my life it would be Living with the Land. Add in the Behind the Seeds tour and I'm in heaven. Now if only my tomato plants grew so well.
Coffee grounds, Calistoga mineral water (in the glass bottle) and lemon ginseng green tea! 😉 Also talking nicely to them helps.

My family jokes I love Living with the Land so much because we're Native American 🤣

RoadiJeff

I'll have to vote for the thrill of the coaster... The Velocicoaster. That takes you on a high speed 70mph circuit, twisting and turning upside down, every which way. No shoulder restraints which scares the heck out of you as you become inverted. The first coaster to make this coaster loving guys stomach churn.
I rode the VelociCoaster for the first time 3 days ago. As I get older I've found that I no longer have as much desire for high speed, twisting rides but the people I was with said it was an intense but smooth ride. I had taken some Dramamine earlier, so I was prepared for a little excitement.

My friend and I were in the front row and I think his saying that it would be intense was an understatement. This was the first ride that left me with weak legs and staggering a bit as I walked to the exit. I enjoyed it but wow, what an adrenaline packed rush.

I still voted for RotR as my best "ride", although VelociCoaster is my all-time favorite white knuckle high speed thriller.

JIMINYCR

I rode the VelociCoaster for the first time 3 days ago. As I get older I've found that I no longer have as much desire for high speed, twisting rides but the people I was with said it was an intense but smooth ride. I had taken some Dramamine earlier, so I was prepared for a little excitement.

My friend and I were in the front row and I think his saying that it would be intense was an understatement. This was the first ride that left me with weak legs and staggering a bit as I walked to the exit. I enjoyed it but wow, what an adrenaline packed rush.

I still voted for RotR as my best "ride", although VelociCoaster is my all-time favorite white knuckle high speed thriller.
Our first ride was in the middle section. Our second ride was in the second seat from the front. DS wanted to ask for the front seat on our next ride but we didnt get back to do it. That front seat will be in our plans for the next trip back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom