Best ride decision in (recent) EPCOT history

What is the best decision in EPCOT history?

• Ellen's Energy Adventure into Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

• Trees into Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Maelstrom into Frozen: Ever After

• Test Track into Test Track 2.0

• Food Rocks into Soarin'/Soarin' Around The World

• El Rio Del Tiempo into Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros

• Horizons into Mission: Space

• World of Motion into Test Track

• Updating Spaceship Earth (every 12-ish years)

• Body Wars into Play!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
Hello, fellow WDWMagic members!

To bring in some positivity, what would you consider to be the best ride replacement/addition EPCOT has received?

Would've included more, but polls are limited to 10, so I excluded early new builds, shows & general areas! :)

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

Deciding to build the park.

Aside from that, possibly updating SSE but I don’t trust them doing it again. Rat was a good idea with some poor execution. Nothing else on the list was a positive.

I sadly concur, except I do think Soarin' had its place (my vote). I would put Beacons of Magic as my current number 1, and I also don't mind TT 2.0 - though I understand the criticism. Otherwise, that list showcases the issues with leadership and the park (and getting worse) vs. being positive.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I sadly concur, except I do think Soarin' had its place (my vote). I would put Beacons of Magic as my current number 1, and I also don't mind TT 2.0 - though I understand the criticism. Otherwise, that list showcases the issues with leadership and the park (and getting worse) vs. being positive.
Shock horror, I also prefer TT2 to 1 if I had to choose between the two. Soarin’ has so many faults it’s daft but of course it’s popular so who am I to argue (and we generally do it once a trip just cause we can)

Epcot82Guy

Shock horror, I also prefer TT2 to 1 if I had to choose between the two. Soarin’ has so many faults it’s daft but of course it’s popular so who am I to argue (and we generally do it once a trip just cause we can)

No doubt. I more meant the move from Food Rocks to Soarin' was a legitimate upgrade in my view. (At least in idea, despite the original Cali-only film and current bendy-snoozy version). I loved Kitchen Kabaret, but I don't know that type of show would work going forward with audiences, as much as I would love it.

EPCOT-O.G.

Hello, fellow WDWMagic members!

To bring in some positivity, what would you consider to be the best ride replacement/addition EPCOT has received?

Would've included more, but polls are limited to 10, so I excluded early new builds, shows & general areas! :)
I feel like this is one of those trick questions I get on work surveys to make sure I am/was paying attention. Where’s the “none of the above” option?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I realized on my last trip that TT2 looks good inside but just has little "soul" compared with TT1. Still not a bad ride, though.

Count me as being in the "nothing positive on that list" camp. I would consider Soarin' an upgrade, but not sure why it couldn't have been it's own pavilion. I don't trust the "leadership" to do right by this park, as evidenced by what they've done to it so far.

trainplane3

I realized on my last trip that TT2 looks good inside but just has little "soul" compared with TT1. Still not a bad ride, though.

Count me as being in the "nothing positive on that list" camp. I would consider Soarin' an upgrade, but not sure why it couldn't have been it's own pavilion. I don't trust the "leadership" to do right by this park, as evidenced by what they've done to it so far.
TT2 just needs some more things going on. It feels very empty when there's no speed happening. The tunnels (previously heat, cold, corrosion) are the biggest offender of this. There's literally nothing happening and I swear most guests don't look at the extremely minor effects going on. Other offender is the (still) hilarious "connecting to onstar) bit at the old Belgian blocks section.

Fix those and it'll be an even better ride.

No Name

TT2 just needs some more things going on. It feels very empty when there's no speed happening. The tunnels (previously heat, cold, corrosion) are the biggest offender of this. There's literally nothing happening and I swear most guests don't look at the extremely minor effects going on. Other offender is the (still) hilarious "connecting to onstar) bit at the old Belgian blocks section.

Fix those and it'll be an even better ride.
They also muddled the story of the ride. The old preshow perfectly set up the climax, the “6th test,” where it looks like we’re about to crash into the wall. Now it’s just a random sequence of events happening and there’s no context for why you’re driving into a wall that opens at the last second. I get that Chevy wants a futuristic look for their brand image but that didn’t have to come at such a high expense.

Bocabear

Adding Remy is an obvious plus as it didn't doom a previously loved attraction and was just something new. It also actually fits into the pavilion being set in Paris... The other all have loss associated with them, and in most cases they could have been completely new attractions without having to lose the original... Obviously this doesn't pertain to TT1-TT2...lol

The Lochness Monsta

LOL, definitely the Rat.

Because something is better than nothing. Food Rocks and Ellen were boring, but they at least provided some entertainment. I've tried staring at trees... meh.. they're surprisingly not that entertaining.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Deciding to build the park.

Aside from that, possibly updating SSE but I don’t trust them doing it again. Rat was a good idea with some poor execution. Nothing else on the list was a positive.
I'm mostly with Martin here, but I'll explain.

• Ellen's Energy Adventure into Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
From what I've seen, I think GotG will turn out to be a great ride. But it is so misplaced that I can't rate this as a good decision.
  • Trees into Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Of course, this is a positive. And I think the ride and area is well-done.
  • Maelstrom into Frozen: Ever After
Misplaced attraction, and it took an attraction that was actually about the country and replaced it with a standard ride-through the movie type attraction. Frozen would have worked as an addition to the Norway pavilion, but as a replacement of Maelstrom...downgrade.
  • Test Track into Test Track 2.0
Test Track 1.0 was superior.
  • Food Rocks into Soarin'/Soarin' Around The World
Soarin is a better attraction, and one of my favorites. But they didn't need to kill Food Rocks for it. The theater area was not used for Soarin or the queue, and the queue could have been run from World Showcase instead.
  • El Rio Del Tiempo into Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
El Rio was just better.
  • Horizons into Mission: Space
I enjoy Mission Space, but it should have been built in addition to Horizons, and there was no benefit to building it where Horizons was anyways.
  • World of Motion into Test Track
I loved WoM and the original Test Track, but WoM was a longer experience, and fit the park better.
  • Updating Spaceship Earth (every 12-ish years)
Generally, I have thought each update was an improvement, even if I miss "Tomorrow's Child". Hopefully, the next one is also good. I will say that I continue to be happy that they update SE, instead of replacing it.
  • Body Wars into Play!
Not just Body Wars, but the whole pavilion. Silly decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom