Best Restaurants for a Toddler??

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
We went when my daughter was 1 (almost 2) and when she was 2 (almost 3). We mostly did character meals. The ones she enjoyed were Crystal palace (we did breakfast there twice), garden grill (she loved Chip & Dale and Pluto. Plus farmer Mickey is cute), akershus (did this one twice as well), and CRT. We did ohana for dinner but she slept the entire time and didn’t get to experience the meal - but my husband and I loved that lol.

ETA: we also did Storybook dining at Artist Point. Very fun!
we wanted to try storybrook dining but was concerned the food wouldn't be kid friendly. did your kids like the food?

PeoplemoverTTA

I also think Askerhaus Princess dinner is great because the princesses are very non threatening.

Interestingly, my daughter is in "stranger danger" mode and if we went today, would probably freak out if a princess went near her (even though you would assume they're less scary!). Other characters though, she loves (we met Pete the Cat and Corduroy recently at our local library/bookstore and she adored them). She's 18 months now, so I'm curious to see how she'll be on our next trip in January.

crawale

Great! Has anyone done the Rapunzel/Ariel character dining at the Boardwalk?
We did this with 2,6 and 7 year old grandsons. The service was terrific and not rushed. The character interaction was great too - they had plenty of time to spend with the kids unlike some character breakfasts where they rush through.

hanwill

I would go to anywhere you would normally choose- every single restaurant here expects kids of all ages to be there. And they expect all moods too (moody adults as well). I have ben to a lot of restaurants at Disney with small kids and they will bend over backwards to help you if they can. Enjoy wherever you go- it's such a wonderful experience with a small kid (especially when its yours).

Hockey89

I would go to anywhere you would normally choose- every single restaurant here expects kids of all ages to be there. And they expect all moods too (moody adults as well). I have ben to a lot of restaurants at Disney with small kids and they will bend over backwards to help you if they can. Enjoy wherever you go- it's such a wonderful experience with a small kid (especially when its yours).
And if you small child is screaming please bring them outside and don't ignore them…. Thanks

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
My boys loved sci-fi drive-in when they were little. I fun of eating in a car and the cartoons and movie previews kept them entertained
I ate at that restaurant our last trip and the only reason I am shying away from this trip is because the cars only fit 2 to a "table". Love that restaurant otherwise!

correcaminos

i take that you don't have kids lol!
Not sure I agree with that. I am a parent and if my child cried, I took them out. No need to make others suffer my child's annoyances. I wish more parents would do that. I am fortunate that my own did not do it often, but if any restlessness occured one of us would exit the restaurant for a while at least. Helped to learn good table manners truly IMO :)

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, they're all fine. They all have high chairs and booster seats, and the staff is well versed in kid antics.

Entertainment wise, the character meals are the way to go - but can be rather pricey, as is the case with the Crystal Palace (which is a buffet) and it's not like they eat much. Over in Epcot, The Garden Grill is fun (when it's working).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom