Best restaurant for 21st Birthday?

LauraRose

Original Poster
Hi! Haven't posted on this forum in ages!

I literally don't have a clue about Disney food, every time I've been to Disney I have been with my parents and we always stay on International Drive and eat there of a evening. However next May I'm going with my boyfriend and staying at Caribbean Beach with the dining plan.

It's my 21st whilst we are over there and I have to book reservations soon and I have pretty much no idea where I want to go for a meal. I wanted to spend the day between Magic Kingdom and Epcot but I can't plan that till I have somewhat of a idea where i want to eat :banghead:

We are both incredibly picky eaters which doesn't help, I'm probably looking for a steakhouse type of thing but I just can't seem to find anywhere, I'm getting the feeling I'll have to look outside of Disney as I did want a more romantic vibe.

As I said I'm a newbie with Disney food, we spent my 20th just gone in Caseys Corner, if that doesn't say it all I don't know what will :grumpy:

Welcoming any suggestions, thank you in advance and apologies for any rambling :happy:

belledream

My recommendations would be as follows...
If you'll be in Magic Kingdom, a dinner at Be Our Guest sounds like it fits the occasion! Special atmosphere, steak on the menu, and they serve alcohol.

At Epcot, there are a lot of good meals to be found around World Showcase. Ones that pop into my mind having steak + being romantic are San Angel Inn (amazing scenery as you dine), Tutto Italia (kind of a 'grander' place to eat but for only 1 TS credit instead of 2, or Chefs de France (good steak, feels upscale).

Happy Birthday and enjoy!

LauraRose

Original Poster
My recommendations would be as follows...
If you'll be in Magic Kingdom, a dinner at Be Our Guest sounds like it fits the occasion! Special atmosphere, steak on the menu, and they serve alcohol.

At Epcot, there are a lot of good meals to be found around World Showcase. Ones that pop into my mind having steak + being romantic are San Angel Inn (amazing scenery as you dine), Tutto Italia (kind of a 'grander' place to eat but for only 1 TS credit instead of 2, or Chefs de France (good steak, feels upscale).

Happy Birthday and enjoy!

Thanks for the reply! I had looked at San Angel Inn, it is really pretty! Ah Be our Guest never even entered my head, I'll be sure to check out the menu and look at the other two, Thanks again!

belledream

Thanks for the reply! I had looked at San Angel Inn, it is really pretty! Ah Be our Guest never even entered my head, I'll be sure to check out the menu and look at the other two, Thanks again!
No problem! Be Our Guest is extremely popular so if that's your final choice, you really need to be on it at your 180 day mark. :)

disneygeek90

San Angel Inn with a margarita on your 21st sounds pretty awesome to me. It has a really nice atmosphere too. Anywhere in Epcot will allow you to get full value of that age 21 ;)

There is also a Canadian steakhouse and Japanese style hibachi grill that would be a fun experience.

I personally find BOG a bit overrated.

LauraRose

Original Poster
San Angel Inn with a margarita on your 21st sounds pretty awesome to me. It has a really nice atmosphere too. Anywhere in Epcot will allow you to get full value of that age 21 ;)

There is also a Canadian steakhouse and Japanese style hibachi grill that would be a fun experience.

That's why I was thinking Epcot :rolleyes:, I live in England so I haven't felt deprived until I get to America, couldn't make use of happy hour in our hotel this year, shocking! Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look!

disneygeek90

That's why I was thinking Epcot :rolleyes:, I live in England so I haven't felt deprived until I get to America, couldn't make use of happy hour in our hotel this year, shocking! Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look!
Ahh that is true, lol. Well even so people will make an extra big deal of it here, more than a "normal" birthday.

My drawback of Be Our Geust is that it can be kinda "cafeteria" feeling with all of the tables in large rooms together. San Angel has a great romantic vibe, especially if you can grab a table right next to the water and watch the boats go by.

LauraRose

Original Poster
Ahh that is true, lol. Well even so people will make an extra big deal of it here, more than a "normal" birthday.

My drawback of Be Our Geust is that it can be kinda "cafeteria" feeling with all of the tables in large rooms together. San Angel has a great romantic vibe, especially if you can grab a table right next to the water and watch the boats go by.

Hahaha, I'll be sure to plaster myself in banners and badges then. I think San Angel is winning so far, just need the bf to check the menu! We have wandered in the area a few times and always thought it looks beautiful.

LauraRose

Original Poster

Looking at menu now, can't see steak unless I'm loosing the plot, Definitely don't think he'd eat any of this stuff, nor me for that matter :(

WDW Dad 23

I have a bunch of picky eaters in my family, but most of the signature restaurants will make a good steak. For atmosphere I don't think you can beat the California Grill overlooking the Magic Kingdom. To some extent the same goes for Narcossee's at the Grand Floridian. You can sit by the windows and see the fireworks. Both are really great experiences. If you are at Epcot, you could always do the Yachtsmen Steakhouse over at the Yacht and Beach Club. Not sure the atmosphere is as great, but the food is definitely top notch.

RememberWhen

You could eat in Canada at Epcot, or head over to the yacht club and eat at the steak house there. Really really good. And a nice walk on the boardwalk after dinner could be nice, or you could hit up one of the ice cream places. ! Happy almost birthday!

NiarrNDisney

It's hard to suggest places without knowing some likes and dislikes when it comes to your food preferences but since you said romantic and steak house Here are a couple places you may want to consider near Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

__MK__
Be Our Guest

__Epcot__
Chefs de France
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Monsieur Paul
Tutto Italia

__Resorts__
Artist Point (WL)
blueZoo (Dolphin)
California Grill (CR)
Crew's Cup (YCR)
Flying Fish (BWR)
Il Mulino (Swan)
Narcoossee's (GFR)
Wave (CR)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (YCR)

LauraRose

Original Poster
I have a bunch of picky eaters in my family, but most of the signature restaurants will make a good steak. For atmosphere I don't think you can beat the California Grill overlooking the Magic Kingdom. To some extent the same goes for Narcossee's at the Grand Floridian. You can sit by the windows and see the fireworks. Both are really great experiences. If you are at Epcot, you could always do the Yachtsmen Steakhouse over at the Yacht and Beach Club. Not sure the atmosphere is as great, but the food is definitely top notch.

Yeah I definitely want to see the fireworks somehow, happily ever after had just been released on my 20th but it was so busy somehow didn't feel as special. Would be a lot more intimate from that view! Thanks for the suggestions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom