• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Best Resort Room for Family of 5?!

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Advertisement
Double tree Disney Springs.

Those are all suites so if someone sleeps on sofa in 2nd room you are fine.

Comes with Disney 60 day fp, extra extra magic hours and shuttle

Parking is an extra $15 bucks or so.
And 10 dollar resort fee

SaltyD

When you're ready to book a vacation, I recommend looking at all resorts that accommodate 5 in one room. Depending on what promotions Disney is offering at the time, you might find that some of the deluxe resorts where rooms are bigger and have full size day beds might be more affordable than you think :)

Amos1784

I'm not sure the ages and make up of your family however I would also suggest a one bedroom at Old Key West. The rooms there are huge, you have a full master bedroom with a King Size bed, then in the family room there is a pull out, which is plenty comfortable for two children to share, and separate pull out that accommodates another person. Also a large multi room bathroom with lots of space for getting ready.

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
Double tree Disney Springs.

Those are all suites so if someone sleeps on sofa in 2nd room you are fine.

Comes with Disney 60 day fp, extra extra magic hours and shuttle

Parking is an extra $15 bucks or so.
And 10 dollar resort fee
Thank you...we have always stayed on property, mainly because we used to always get the dining plan. Does anyone have any pros and cons of on property vs off property at WDW?

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
When you're ready to book a vacation, I recommend looking at all resorts that accommodate 5 in one room. Depending on what promotions Disney is offering at the time, you might find that some of the deluxe resorts where rooms are bigger and have full size day beds might be more affordable than you think :)
Yes, a friend told met they saved a lot with promotion and ended up in a deluxe...???can't remember now where???...with our family of 5, we NEED more space! HA. Def looking for deals! Thank you!

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
I'm not sure the ages and make up of your family however I would also suggest a one bedroom at Old Key West. The rooms there are huge, you have a full master bedroom with a King Size bed, then in the family room there is a pull out, which is plenty comfortable for two children to share, and separate pull out that accommodates another person. Also a large multi room bathroom with lots of space for getting ready.
Old Key West - beautiful resort! Thank you!

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Thank you...we have always stayed on property, mainly because we used to always get the dining plan. Does anyone have any pros and cons of on property vs off property at WDW?
In theory on property is closer.
But that is really Determined by what park you want to go to.
Some of the offsite on West Irlo are just as close if not closer to AK than most of The Disney Resorts and Even The All Stars.

DoubleTree is close to Disney Springs (10 minute walk or resort shuttle will take you there and plenty of options. (Ive seen a 2 double suite AS cheap AS $73+$10 resort fer + $10 tax on hotels Tonight)

Hilton Disney springs is right across from springs but has tiny rooms.

Hilton Palace Disney Springs is a different Hotel that is a resort. Right across from Disney Springs and bigger rooms and some Suites but more expensive.

With these properties having 60 day fastpass and Extra Extra Magic Hours they are virtually identical to Disney hotel Minus The Branding and theming.

AS a bonus you Get loyalty program Point where Disney gives you Noting.

Last edited:

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
In theory on property is closer.
But that is really Determined by what park you want to go to.
Some of the offsite on West Irlo are just as close if not closer to AK than most of The Disney Resorts and Even The All Stars.

DoubleTree is close to Disney Springs (10 minute walk or resort shuttle will take you there and plenty of options. (Ive seen a 2 double suite AS cheap AS $73+$10 resort fer + $10 tax on hotels Tonight)

Hilton Disney springs is right across from springs but has tiny rooms.

Hilton Palace Disney Springs is a different Hotel that is a resort. Right across from Disney Springs and bigger rooms and some Suites but more expensive.

With these properties having 60 day fastpass and Extra Extra Magic Hours they are virtually identical to Disney hotel Minus The Branding and theming.

AS a bonus you Get loyalty program Point where Disney gives you Noting.
Thank you for your detailed response! Looking into this option too!

Dsjewell

We have 7,5 and 4yos. We ended up booking the poly through MVT for only about $500 more than it would have costed for Carribean beach with Dp and ph. We will all fit fine on two queens so I’ll doubt we use the day bed. We did AOA cars last year and it was great but costs about as much as the poly. I felt we had to give it a try Since we’ve never been

daisyduckie

Ok, first, ADJOINING is not the same as CONNECTING. To Disney they are very different, so make sure you are requesting what you want. Adjoining rooms are rooms next to each other, and may or may not have the inside door between them. Connecting rooms have the inside door between them. And yes, I have asked for connecting rooms and not received them.

I want to offer up a few options I haven't seen mentioned. For a value suite look at the All Star suites. They are much cheaper, and still will give you multiple sleepers. Three fold outs and a queen bed in the bedroom. You would still get a kitchenette (much nicer than the one at AoA), 2 bathrooms, and 2 tvs. The only thing missing that AoA has is that in your face theming.

Or for staying on the boardwalk, look at the Dolphin. You would miss a few Disney perks (such as Magical Express) but the Dolphin sleeps 5 (with a roll-away) and typically costs less than an AoA suite. Being able to walk or boat to 2 parks is wonderful! After many years the Swan and Dolphin have become my go to resorts.

Top Bottom