Best Resort for the Money

TheMountaineer

Original Poster
I’m interested in knowing what others think the best resort for the value is. I like to think it’s French Quarter. It is small and quaint with the same amenities as other moderates. I really love how it feels like you are in New Orleans as depicted in Princess and the Frog. Plus, beignets.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I’m interested in knowing what others think the best resort for the value is. I like to think it’s French Quarter. It is small and quaint with the same amenities as other moderates. I really love how it feels like you are in New Orleans as depicted in Princess and the Frog. Plus, beignets.

It's really subjective. It depends what you are paying. If you're being charged >$300 night - not a good value. But assuming all moderates are equally priced - POFQ or CSR would be my pick. POFQ gives you the quaintness along with the ability to walk 10 minutes and enjoy POR's grounds and amenities. CSR after the refurb has added some nice options for dining and drinking (chiefly Dahlia).

JIMINYCR

Weve been pleased with the value weve gotten from POFQ, due to its size, theming, boat access to DS, walking path to POR, bus transportation, and pleasant CM's staffing the resort. At the end of the multiple times weve stayed, weve never gone home unhappy or regretting a stay wishing we had booked a room elsewhere.

dmw

In the Parks
No
that is a tough one... Assuming no discounts, I think CSR might be the best value for the money (on site), as it includes free use of its fitness center. CSR also has more dining options than POFQ, even if you include POR's options.

That said, based on my stays at POP, CSR, POFQ, AKL and the Poly, POFQ is still my favorite resort - unless we splurge for the savanna view at AKL.

Fanthomastic

WL for the money because it’s the most reasonable deluxe resort. Same with AKL. But if real value is desired, we love PO and request Building #14 in the old Riverside section. It’s close to the bus, the food court and Boatrights, and the pool.

Hcalvert

I recently stayed at Copper Creek for a week (first time at WL) and I was really disappointed with the resort. We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas also for the first time for a week afterwards and it was so much better. My room at BWV was about $60 cheaper per night too and felt so much bigger. I have stayed at all the mods except PORFQ and CSR and POR are our top two. I have not been back to CSR since the tower.

Go_Bears_80

Dixie Landings (boy I bet Disney is glad they changed that name now) and PO French Quarter are my favorite best bang for the bucks, and Coronado Springs, which is more than a Moderate, but less than a Deluxe.

Weather_Lady

Best value for us so far was Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, staying in a standard studio on rented DVC points. It was less expensive per night than a moderate resort at rack rate for the same dates.

Ignoring DVC points rentals, the best value for us is tied between PORS and Caribbean Beach Resort, both of which we felt gave us a great number of amenities -- everything we needed, plus a few extras -- and surprisingly convenient transportation (despite the multiple internal bus stops).

Fanthomastic

If you are there from park open until park close than anything more than All-Stars is a ripoff. The rooms all look the same when you are asleep. Otherwise I'd say Caribbean Beach because of the skyliner.
I get that. Our preference, the way we do things, is to be up early, be one of the firsts in the park, strategically knock out all of the popular attractions before the parks fill up, and then spend the late morning early afternoon enjoying the resort pool before heading back to the parks in the late afternoon where we can more leisurely do the rest of the less popular attractions or just take in the parks without the stresses. So we will pay extra for resorts. I just won’t pay what the Grand Floridian asks. Lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom