Best Resort for a party of 5

carib2150

I am looking to book a WDW vacation for May 2012 and was wondering what resort would be best for a party of 5. I was maybe looking at Port Orleans Riverside, but I am worried about the number of people in the room. Any help and input would be appreciated!

Magical Dreamer

We have a family of 5 with DD 15, DS 13, and DS 7 and have been more than comfortable at POR the last 3 trips.

Don't have any reservations about making your reservation there.:)

Upvote 0

mrsdanalind

Party of 5

I am looking to book a WDW vacation for May 2012 and was wondering what resort would be best for a party of 5. I was maybe looking at Port Orleans Riverside, but I am worried about the number of people in the room. Any help and input would be appreciated!

:xmas:We figured it out, and found that for larger parties, doing one of the budgets makes more sense. We could book two rooms for the price of one, and have some left over for souveniers. We like the Pop Century and also the All stars Movie. But if you want an upgrade then Port Orleans would be good, but I'd go for a suite, instead of a room which normally sleep 4. :wave:

Upvote 0

liloohana

I don't think there's any "wrong" resort in Disney-they are all so themed and welcoming!! I also don't think you spend much time in your room!!!
The only problem we had with POR (it did need some cleaning, but generally good!!), was the bed for the 5th person!!
I have two daughters, and a son. My son is the oldest (and the tallest)!!.
So when we arrived, the plan was my husband and I in one bed, the girls in another, and my son in the extra bed....well.....the extra bed is actually tucked under the regular bed and it's very short and narrow!! So trying to get my 14 year old son(that is almost 6') on it was ridiculous!! And he was certainly not going to share a bed with his sisters!!
POR would be better for families with small children that don't "overwhelm" the bed!!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Of course you could get two rooms and request connecting rooms or ones close to each other. If you all want to stay in a room together here are what some of your options are.

- All-Star Music Suite
- Coronado Springs Junior Suite
- Fort Wilderness Cabins
- Suites at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Club Level)
- Rooms at the Contemporary
- Outer Building or Club Level Rooms at the Grand
- 2 Bedroom Villas at the DVC resorts

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Been doing the party of 5 thing for the better part of a decade now. Staying at Riverside can be a little tight especially when the kids get older but it is doable. For us the best bang for the buck has been 2 rooms at a value resort. The extra square footage, a wall and the second TV and bathroom made the experience much more relaxing.

Upvote 0

carib2150

Original Poster
party of 5

hearing all the great responses, which of the deluxe resorts would be best if any? We are hoping that they offer the free dining again during the last week of may like they did this past visit. :)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
hearing all the great responses, which of the deluxe resorts would be best if any? We are hoping that they offer the free dining again during the last week of may like they did this past visit. :)
It all depends on what you want and of course your budget. The best bang for your buck tends to be the rooms in the garden wing of the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

jessfriends

A co-worker of mine just returned and all 5 of them are really tall, close to 6ft give or take. There were 5 of them with girls ranging from 12 to 19. They stayed at the Beach Club and she said it was the best option for 5 tall people. She enjoyed it and I might try it out on my next trip!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We stayed at a family suite at ASMu and were very satisfied. There were plenty of beds for each of us, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs and the minikitchen was great, too. If you were to stay in 2 rooms at a value you wouldn't get a minikitchen but you could pay the $ per day for the minifridge.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

We stayed at the Yacht Club this past winter for my Mom's 50th Birthday. There were five of us in the room for a few nights before my sister had to go back to school, and all of us were 19+. The room was plenty large and comfortable and having two sinks in the bathroom area was great. The "day bed" where the fifth person sleeps is comfortable for anyone under 6ft tall, though my sister who is 5'5" was the most comfortable there so she got her own bed. It may be more expensive than other options, but the location is great, the pool is fantastic and the resort is beautiful. Beach Club would be another great option that is very similar but I'd say take a look there for deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom