Best Resort Character Breakfast

Derek Robertson

Original Poster
We will be taking a big family vacation to Disney next May (13 people - 5 of them kids), and are looking to do a fun character breakfast at a resort on the day we leave. I've looked at all the options and talked to a few people, but wanted to get some more information before we book our ADR's next week.

What advice do you all have?

Demeter Tess

'Ohana. We're not big Stitch fans, but the atmosphere and service are so pleasant. I'd also recommend the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. PHENOMENAL food. Both are difficult reservations to get (Bon Voyage even moreso than 'Ohana) but having the food brought to your table makes for SUCH a more pleasant breakfast. Chef Mickey's is a hot mess and I could not discourage it more. Loud, chaotic, and weaving through a sloppy, overpriced buffet? Not the memory you want to leave with.

correcaminos

Cape May or Trattoria Al Forno. I kind of like the idea of the latter because it's called "Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno" Maybe 'Ohana as well.

Derek Robertson

Original Poster
No one has said 1900 Park Fare, so I'm guess I should cross that one off my list. I heard good thing about Ohana, but since our little ones haven't seen Lilo & Stitch I've been hesitant. @Demeter Tess you said you guys weren't big Stitch fans, but still enjoyed it. How do you think 4 boys ages 4 through 6 will do?

Last edited:

21stamps

No one has said 1900 Park Fare, so I'm guess I should cross that one off my list. I heard good thing about Ohana, but since our little ones haven't seen Lilo & Stitch I've been hesitant. @Demeter Tess you said you guys were big Stitch fans, but still enjoyed it. How do you think 4 boys ages 4 through 6 will do?

I’m not the person you quoted.. but I’ll tell you why I think 4 and 6 year olds would enjoy it.. great characters,goofy comes around as well. The kids all receive maracas and join in a congo line around the restaurant.

I had my son watch LILO and Stitch before his first Disney trip (mainly bc we were staying at the Polynesian.. Stitch ended up being his favorite Disney character.

Pixieish

No one has said 1900 Park Fare, so I'm guess I should cross that one off my list. I heard good thing about Ohana, but since our little ones haven't seen Lilo & Stitch I've been hesitant. @Demeter Tess you said you guys were big Stitch fans, but still enjoyed it. How do you think 4 boys ages 4 through 6 will do?

Ohana is super fun for breakfast! We usually 1900 Park Fare for dinner - the dinner buffet is awesome, and the step-sisters are hilarious.

Derek Robertson

Original Poster
Thanks! Seems like I should be leaning towards Ohana then. The maracas and conga line sound like a lot of fun! Since this will be our last thing we do before heading out of town, I'm not as concerned with the location and what it is close to. Just mainly looking for a little bit more Disney magic as we wrap up our vacation. Want the kids to have a lot of fun with the last thing we do at Disney.

HouCuseChickie

No one has said 1900 Park Fare, so I'm guess I should cross that one off my list. I heard good thing about Ohana, but since our little ones haven't seen Lilo & Stitch I've been hesitant. @Demeter Tess you said you guys weren't big Stitch fans, but still enjoyed it. How do you think 4 boys ages 4 through 6 will do?

Chiming in a bit late, but 1900 is actually our fave of the resort character breakfasts. We try to do it once per trip. We've always had excellent food and awesome character interaction. We are giving 'Ohana a second chance for our upcoming trip. Our last time we had breakfast there, we had a bad food experience. The thing to remember with character meals is that they are inconsistent at best, so it's often wise to pick on with characters your kids will enjoy.

MickeyMomV

Another vote for Ohana. We have been there 3 or 4 times (including one time with a group of 10) and have never had a bad experience there. Food and service has always been great. Lot's of fun for the kids especially with the kids parade.

TXDisney

I think what’s important is to not make that character meal too far out of the way. Just the lost time might not be worth it. For instance if your going to HS for the day, I don’t think doing Chef Mickey is smart that day. Transportation takes awhile. I’d save that for a MK day. We do love Cape May. Great to start and Epcot or HS day.

GCTales

Most of the buffet character breakfast will be similar.. Just differing theme and sometimes different characters.. Food is standard buffet food.

Ohana is a staple for us every time we go. Usually do Chef Mickey on a MK day. Others can be hit or miss. Did Tusker once.. Not wasting time there ever again.

Andrew M

Bon Voyage has Little Mermaid & Rapunzel, so if the kids into them, opt for that. They had some great italian-style breakfast dishes. Otherwise I'd go for 'Ohana, with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch. All you can eat pineapple ham, sausage, eggs and Mickey & Stitch waffles. Plus since its a buffet any kids under 3 eat free! Really can't go wrong with either one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom