1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Places To Eat In Magic Kingdom?

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by Maddie Terwilliger, May 8, 2017.

1. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Active Member

Hello all,
    when my family and I visit Disney, we always pick Magic Kingdom as our first option. I have been a countless amount of times and we always seem to eat at Pecos Bill's Cafe or Cosmic Ray's ;). These places are cool, but they are always busy and I was wondering what everyone else's opinions were for restaurants and food at Magic Kingdom.

Feel free to mention reservation only places as well, I have always wanted to try those and I am curious as to what they are like.

Thank you!:)

littleroo likes this.
  2. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Love Me Some Fast Passes Premium Member

Columbia Harbor and Pinnochio House are two quick serve options that we have liked in the past. Then tend to have non burger options.

3. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

Sleepy Hollow is great for breakfast - get an iced coffee and a waffle filled with nutella and fresh fruit. Love that place.

For lunch, you could try Pinocchio's Village Haus - the flatbreads are okay if you want something on the light side. We do that one frequently. Other thoughts, Be Our Guest and the Plaza Restaurant both do decent sandwiches for lunch. And if you want a tasty gut bomb, the fried stuff at Columbia Harbour House is pretty yummy - bring your Rolaids and Pepto Bismol.

For dinner, we usually do Crystal Palace. The buffet has so many good options for the whole family, the AC works great, the chairs are comfy and we all love us some Pooh. Recently, we tried Liberty Tree Tavern, oh man, the meats are the best. Amazing pot roast and roast turkey. We were all staggering around like over-stuffed turkey zombies after dinner.

4. vcstr

vcstr Active Member

I know it's been said but I can't speak highly enough about Columbia Harbour House! Lots of unique options and it isn't all fried! The seating area upstairs isn't the hidden gem it used to be but it's still relatively quiet, especially compared to Cosmic Ray's. It's my go-to spot in MK.

5. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

Cosmic Ray's
    Columbia Harbor House
    Crystal Palace

littleroo and Maddie Terwilliger like this.
  6. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

For CS: we've enjoyed good lunches at Casey's Corner on Main Street, USA (they're just ballpark-style hot dogs with fun toppings, but we like it), and at Pinocchio Haus (flatbreads and salads -- I've read mixed reviews from others, but we've always enjoyed it there). We used to love Be Our Guest's CS lunch, but the quality has gone down over time, and the ordering procedures and service have gotten so slow that for us, it's no longer worth all the hassle (having to get an ADR 6 months ahead for CS), or the time it takes to eat there. (We also like Columbia Harbor House, already mentioned by a previous poster, as well, in addition to Pecos Bill's, which the OP mentioned.)

For TS: I recommend Skipper Canteen. It's great to be able to order something out-of-the-box or that we haven't tried before. The noodle bowls and salads were particular favorites when we dined there. Next time, I resolve to try the whole fried fish!

7. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Active Member Original Poster

Wow! thank you all so much for the help!

8. IMFearless

IMFearless Well-Known Member

Be Our Guest is a great use of a Quick Service credit at lunch if you are on the dining plan, although reservations are essential even though it is not classed as a table service until the evening. Out of pocket, it is a less compelling option at lunch as the prices are fairly high for a quick service location.

Gaston's Tavern is great for Cinnamon Rolls if you fancy a snack (despite them not living up to the old ones from Main Street Bakery in years gone by)

The Plaza Restaurant is also a very good option and if you're paying out of pocket you can get a table service meal there for a modest increase on what you would pay for a quick service meal. The food is pretty good.

9. IMFearless

IMFearless Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Boards BTW!

littleroo likes this.
  10. Clarissa McDaniel

Clarissa McDaniel Active Member

Casey's Corner, Columbia Harbour House, Crystal Palace

Jo DeVil and littleroo like this.
  11. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Columbia Harbor House
    Gastons Tavern for cinnamon rolls
    The Plaza for a nice sit down meal

littleroo likes this.
  12. Flyersgirl17

Flyersgirl17 Well-Known Member

we love crystal palace for breakfast only. Casey's is good as well as Pinocchio haus. Also i really love the mac & cheese at friar nook's! WE are going to try liberty tree this august for the first time. Fingers Crossed!!

littleroo likes this.
  13. Mrhappyplace

Mrhappyplace Well-Known Member

I'm not really a fan of counter service, I find the food mostly mediocre which is fine if it is cheap but as everybody knows nothing is cheap at WDW. I'd recommend Liberty Tree Tavern. I have not tried but am very curious about Skipper's Canteen.

bethymouse likes this.
  14. littleroo

littleroo Well-Known Member

CHH you have to try the lobster roll and as previously stated, sit upstairs!! We are trying skipper canteen in a few short weeks. So looking forward to this. Welcome to the boards!!

MySmallWorldof4 and bethymouse like this.
  15. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

The Plaza Inn is an excellent choice. Remember, they only take reservations for 11am to noon. After that it's all walk-up.

bethymouse likes this.
  16. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

Chicken and Ribs at Cosmic Rays!

17. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

If you like Mexican, Pecos Bill is fantastic. Burritos and taco bowls come pretty much plain, and then you help yourself to a bar of endless cheese, guac, salsa, etc.

Not sure when you last visited, but it received a refurb with their menu maybe 2 years ago. It carries what Tortuga Tavern used to mainly have.

18. jpinkc

jpinkc Active Member

Caseys is all good, THe Best to me is Liberty Tree Tavern.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Member

I generally try to get a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest and do Harbor House for dinner. If I can't get in at BOG I might just pick up some Mac n cheese at Friar's Nook on the go.

Flyersgirl17 likes this.
  20. Cynthia Soll

Cynthia Soll New Member

We're huge fans of Liberty Tree Tavern. Their pot roast and turkey & stuffing are both delicious, and they are filling meals. They actually feel like real meals to me, whereas many of the other places feel like little more than snacks or junk food.

Flyersgirl17 likes this.