Best Place to stay for Tokyo Disney

Kate Alan

Original Poster
A friend and I are planning a trip to Asia that will be commencing in the next couple years. We are planning to go all out, and are taking the time to really set aside money so that we will be able to travel extensively throughout Japan. As a Disney fan, I certainly plan to see the parks while in the country and check them off the bucket list.

We plan to stay on site for the duration of the Disney portion of the Japan trip, and I'm looking for recommendations based on what people who have traveled previously have done. Did anyone have any really good/really terrible experiences staying on site? Is there a particular hotel we should zero in on? How about the character suites? A fun splurge, or pointless?

GiveMeTheMusic

A friend and I are planning a trip to Asia that will be commencing in the next couple years. We are planning to go all out, and are taking the time to really set aside money so that we will be able to travel extensively throughout Japan. As a Disney fan, I certainly plan to see the parks while in the country and check them off the bucket list.

We plan to stay on site for the duration of the Disney portion of the Japan trip, and I'm looking for recommendations based on what people who have traveled previously have done. Did anyone have any really good/really terrible experiences staying on site? Is there a particular hotel we should zero in on? How about the character suites? A fun splurge, or pointless?

If you are staying in a Disney hotel, MiraCosta is the top choice. It's incredible in every way. Breathtaking. It's insane.

If it's all booked up, TDLH is a fine second choice.

Travel Junkie

MiraCosta is the gold standard. If you can afford to and can get in that is the place. If you are on a smaller budget either the Hilton or the Sheraton are just fine. They are not Disney hotels but on the monorail route and so you are right there for a value price. You don't get the Disney touch with them though. They are standard non themed hotels. Your room will either have a view of the parks, or of Tokyo Bay.

Kman101

Keep us posted on the planning ... hoping to get out there between 2018-2020 ... I just realized I know someone I used to work with who lives/works in Japan and travels to Hong Kong (they're going to Hong Kong Disneyland tomorrow) as well so it's suddenly become a lot more doable without maybe having to have a room ... yay!

Kate Alan

Original Poster
Keep us posted on the planning ... hoping to get out there between 2018-2020 ... I just realized I know someone I used to work with who lives/works in Japan and travels to Hong Kong (they're going to Hong Kong Disneyland tomorrow) as well so it's suddenly become a lot more doable without maybe having to have a room ... yay!

Will do! Not sure exactly when we will be getting out there, but it will definitely be by 2020. So many moving parts to nail down first. Trying to also take into account all the expansion projects, etc. which may have us shift our travel times somewhat. We are also planning a separate trip to China (different year) and plan to hit up both the Shanghai and Hong Kong parks then. Very excited at the prospect.

Kman101

Will do! Not sure exactly when we will be getting out there, but it will definitely be by 2020. So many moving parts to nail down first. Trying to also take into account all the expansion projects, etc. which may have us shift our travel times somewhat. We are also planning a separate trip to China (different year) and plan to hit up both the Shanghai and Hong Kong parks then. Very excited at the prospect.

Same. I want to do it right and be able to save up for a few years and hit Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong parks (possibly like you may do China later but I'm just getting started in planning). But the exciting thing about that kind of trip is the Disney parks are just a part of it, there's so much to plan and see and do everywhere else ...

Kate Alan

Original Poster
Same. I want to do it right and be able to save up for a few years and hit Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong parks (possibly like you may do China later but I'm just getting started in planning). But the exciting thing about that kind of trip is the Disney parks are just a part of it, there's so much to plan and see and do everywhere else ...

That's exactly it - I want to give the parks their due, but when I'm making this trip it's to see the countries and their offerings, not just Disney. There is so much to experience, and I want the time to enjoy it, not just be ticking boxes off a checklist of landmarks as I rush from place to place, lol.

Robbiem

I've stayed at the Tokyo bay Hilton and it's fine and a lot cheaper and easier to book than the Disney hotels. We had a happy magic themed room which was a fun fairy tale themed room. As others have said the hotel is an easy walk from the monorail. In reality none of the on site hotels are badly located.

I've visited the Disney hotels and they look lovely but I used the money I saved staying at the Hilton to spend more time traveling in Japan as to me a room at Disney is basically a place to crash and shower between park visits.

bravemouse

I would do a one night stay at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel, for a last night hurrah!
I booked a partner hotel that is in walking distance and it still has that charm, i got it for 100 bucks a night compared to 400.
Tokyo Maihama resort.

Peridot25

I've stayed at the Tokyo bay Hilton and it's fine and a lot cheaper and easier to book than the Disney hotels. We had a happy magic themed room which was a fun fairy tale themed room. As others have said the hotel is an easy walk from the monorail. In reality none of the on site hotels are badly located.

I've visited the Disney hotels and they look lovely but I used the money I saved staying at the Hilton to spend more time traveling in Japan as to me a room at Disney is basically a place to crash and shower between park visits.

I did the same thing! Actually, rooms wouldn't matter to me that much since I'll be outside most of the times but still it's a decent choice than staying outside the vicinity of Maihama. You should've seen how crowded the train station was when the park closes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom