Best place for lobster at WDW?

Ghostdog

We did the create your own boil at Paddlefish; we had Lobster and King Crab legs and it was DELICIOUS. We knew this would be an very expensive dinner so we used 2TS credits from our DDP on this dinner and it was well worth it. Makes me hungry just looking at this photo.
97E8111D-0981-4799-9D8C-FBCCF382C440.jpeg

Last edited:

Minthorne

Did the seafood buffet at the Garden Grove in the Swan and my friend added the unlimited lobsters. He thought they were great.

Phonedave

Canadian lobster is the same as Maine lobster the genus and species is Homarus americanus what most people call true lobster Not sure about African lobster but I believe it is like spine lobster they don't have the large claws like H. amerianus

And seeing how I much prefer claw meat to tail meat, unless it is a seafood place that serves whole lobster,. I'm usually not ordering it.

-dave

zurgandfriend

I just had a great lobster roll at the Maine dinner in Wells Maine but I digress, Fulton’s use to have a great baked stuff lobster. Now Paddlefish has a New England Boil with mine lobster and The Blue Zoo in the Dolphin has a Maine Lobster boil both of which are good.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We did the create your own boil at Paddlefish; we had Lobster and King Crab legs and it was DELICIOUS. We knew this would be an very expensive dinner so we used 2TS credits from our DDP on this dinner and it was well worth it. Makes me hungry just looking at this photo.
View attachment 296453
Gotta ask - are you showing a serving for ONE, or TWO? That's kind of the bugaboo with good shellfish: One really needs to discount all "weight" numbers by about 50%.... or learn to love eating Shells :).

BellFamily2000

My wife and I are treating my parents to a week at WDW for their anniversary. We’d like to make reservations for them for dinner for someplace that has lobster, which is their favorite and they only have it once a year. What restaurant would you recommend? We were thinking Narcoosees but it’s booked up, so we make a reservation at Yachtsman Steak. Is there someplace better?
The Boathouse is very good!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The wife got the lobster at YS in December. I tried it and was not at all impressed (glad I order the filet, which was great). Narcoossee's wasn't any better. As a native New Englander growing up on the coast, I've had my fair share of lobster. I have it on good authority however, that Shula's lobster stands up. I've not tried it there personally, but I will be during my next trip.

It’s just not a place for lobster...but I would say Fulton’s/paddlefish or boathouse

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you want on property then I would recommend the Boathouse (as mentioned) however I live down here and there is a great restaurant in Celebration called "Celebration Tavern" the owner is from Boston everything is flown in fresh from New England. I eat there regularly ( this past Tuesday) the menu is awesome and full of NE favorites. Lobster prices are fair considering they are flown in. They have indoor or outdoor seating, they are popular because the food is really good. Celebration is nice with many shops to explore, often it is quite but the tavern is hopping! Also many celebrities go there never no who you might see, to me it's a well kept secret.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I love celebration restaurants (cafe d’antonio was a favorite) when I lived/worked there and I’ve never been to celebration tavern...but I’ll be there next time in town.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not an expert on Lobsters, but, I always heard that Maine (or Canadian) Lobsters were cold water lobsters and that there was a difference because of that. I never had, to my knowledge anything other then Maine so I can't first hand say what an African Lobster would be like, but, I don't think that Florida or African can be cold water based.

Rock lobsters are in the same group as sping lobsters and the terms are swapped often.

Those are your “warm climate” species...the native lobsters harvested around Florida.

Good...but not a cold water monster from the maritimes

Bpmorley

The best place used to be Captain Tonys in DTD, unfortunately that is not around anymore. We go off property to Lake Buena Vista ale house. Wednesday night is lobster night.

My wife and I are treating my parents to a week at WDW for their anniversary. We’d like to make reservations for them for dinner for someplace that has lobster, which is their favorite and they only have it once a year. What restaurant would you recommend? We were thinking Narcoosees but it’s booked up, so we make a reservation at Yachtsman Steak. Is there someplace better?
Disney doesn’t do lobster. The crawfish sized tails at Narcoosee’s we’re defi not worth the money. Don’t really see them anywhere else. A few places downtown do whole lobster, but I haven’t tried them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom