Best park to currently visit

Which of these parks is best to visit during these times?

• EPCOT

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Outside Disney Experience (please post)

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
My fiance and I are going to WDW the week after next for our 2 year anniversary before they start cutting park hours... With all the limitations, entertainment cuts, ect... Which of the parks would be worth visiting?

We're there for two theme park days. The first day will obviously be MK with the most to do. So this questions is mainly about the other three. Might not even be Disney. We're not doing Universal for sure, though, because we went there the weekend after reopening already.

We're more of a "do as much as we can" kinda couple.

UNCgolf

With the caveat that I haven't personally been, based on what I've read and seen in photos, Animal Kingdom looks like the easy winner. I think it's currently the best overall park at Disney anyways, but the crowds look minimal and people have talked about doing FoP, the Safari, etc. numerous times in one day. There have been a lot of not so great reports about crowds/crowding at Hollywood Studios, and EPCOT just doesn't have much going for it right now.

JIMINYCR

I'm going with AK... but since its your anniversary I'd suggest asking her which would be her favorite. As a second choice, EP is kind of a mess right now but if she enjoys the pavilions, you can pick up something nice for her in the shops) and with the better restaurants to anniversary dine at then that would be the way to go.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Going to EPCOT right now is like you have discovered an abandoned theme park that is in the process of a rebuild that was then shutdown by a global pandemic and you shouldn't really be there. oh.

DAK is a joy.

DHS may well be worth it if you want to see Rise of the Resistance, which is easily one of Disney's best ever attractions.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
DHS may well be worth it if you want to see Rise of the Resistance, which is easily one of Disney's best ever attractions.
Just going by a how much is open and available mindset HS would be the logical choice after MK.
I think I'm leaning towards DAK. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan so HS wouldn't sit well with us without the shows playing.. Epcot is a close second for us simply for Spaceship Earth, American Adventure, and the aquarium.

UNCgolf

I think I'm leaning towards DAK. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan so HS wouldn't sit well with us without the shows playing.. Epcot is a close second for us simply for Spaceship Earth, American Adventure, and the aquarium.

If you don't care about Star Wars, DHS seems like a total waste of a day right now (considering you can't park hop and go elsewhere), at least for me. Tower of Terror, Slinky Dog, and MMRR are the only things I'd ride even with no wait if I wasn't going to do anything Star Wars related.

And even if you do care about Star Wars (or just want to ride Disney's newest flagship attraction regardless of IP), with Rise boarding groups disappearing in 10-15 seconds, there's no guarantee you'll get on.

For me, there's far more to do in Animal Kingdom than DHS, even if both parks were operating fully.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I'd suggest asking her which would be her favorite.
She's not as much of a huge Disney fanatic as I am so she doesn't care which parks to go to. I've taken her to all 4 one time each since we started dating (she had never been). Our very first attraction together was Dinosaur so that may be the way to go. :)

Giss Neric

If you want to be able to take advantage riding all the rides multiple times and great food selections, Animal Kingdom all the way. Rode FOP 5 times, Everest 5 times, Dinosaur 3, and Navi River 3. Tough to be a bug 0. Yak and Yeti has always been one of the best restaurants in property. It's nice to just stroll around the park looking at animals.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If you want to be able to take advantage riding all the rides multiple times and great food selections, Animal Kingdom all the way. Rode FOP 5 times, Everest 5 times, Dinosaur 3, and Navi River 3. Tough to be a bug 0. Yak and Yeti has always been one of the best restaurants in property. It's nice to just stroll around the park looking at animals.

Trust me I'm not into Star Wars. Heck I'm not into TSL either but there are still enough things for me to want to go especially TOT, RNRC, TSMM, Muppets, and I'd much rather be trying out the newer attractions now vs when there's higher capacity.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Trust me I'm not into Star Wars. Heck I'm not into TSL either but there are still enough things for me to want to go especially TOT, RNRC, TSMM, Muppets, and I'd much rather be trying out the newer attractions now vs when there's higher capacity.
Even without higher capacity I keep Reading that it’s still extremely hard to get a boarding group for ROTR. So I think I’ll go with the safe option. (-: The fiancé won’t rid RNRC, too intense for her. TSMM hasn’t ever been a favorite of mine.

I would really only want to go for runaway railway, but I want To wait and see it when they have the preshow running.

tanc

MK if you arrive early, you can pretty much hop.on most of the good rides within 2 or 3 hours.

AK for the day though. Crowds were good for the full 5 hours we were there and FoP was practically walk on.

Epcot crowds are rough imo, I think that food and wine is basically the reason. People seem to follow way less rules at epcot compared to other parks in my experience.

HS was alright but it was brutally hot. Most rides were walk on, but RoR virtual queue sucks.

rreading

I hate the no park-hopper for this reason. We're going to have two days in October and while we're going to use MK as one, it's a toss up amongst the other three for the second.

MMRR is a good ride, but not (imho) enough to justify choosing DHS over the other two. We're considering DHS due to our SW interest.

DAK would be good for the animals in addition to the rides. Normally we prefer the shows there, but the animals add something that DHS doesn't have.

Epcot would be better were the hours extended into the evening, but as above: the World Showcare, SSE/Land/Seas combo is compelling. I'm glad that there are guests there.

Tough call. Let us know what you choose

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom