Best Original WDW Attraction Music

Raineman

Original Poster
Just wondering what your picks would be for the best original attraction music/songs-music that was created for that attraction, and does not necessarily have an IP associated with it (unless the IP was developed from the attraction). Mine would be all versions of "Grim Grinning Ghosts", and "A Pirate's Life For Me" would be a close second, followed by "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

Raineman

Original Poster
Horizons.
We’ve Come So Far.
Both CoPs
Tomorrow’s Child
The EPCOT ones. ♡

Energy, both songs, they carried the beginning and the end of this grand ride.
AA and Canada, the modern versions, surprisingly, are fine. I've yet to hear the very latest America song.
Magic Journeys. What a soundtrack. Haunting.
I pick the obvious ones, and you guys dig out the deep cuts. Nicely done. I'm not as familiar with Epcot music as I am with MK, but Horizons was probably my favourite WDW attraction as a teenager, and I loved the music.

The Empress Lilly

Just wondering what your picks would be for the best original attraction music/songs-music that was created for that attraction, and does not necessarily have an IP associated with it (unless the IP was developed from the attraction). Mine would be all versions of "Grim Grinning Ghosts", and "A Pirate's Life For Me" would be a close second, followed by "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
I love the Pirates song! The song feels ever more buried though. Usurped, like ride, by the movie music. An uneasy combination. A PI rates Life is both a good song and good background sountrack, atmospheric, it sets the tone.

Never really cared much for Grin Grinning Ghosts. I seem to be a minority in this regard amongst Disney fans.

TaGBBTomorrow is fine, but lacks a certain charm and musicality. It feels a bit forced. No surprise it was once replaced at WDW with Best Time of your Life. Which, however, ironically suffered from the same stiffness.

MK fan? =D
All my songs are EPCOT, yours MK, even predating the MK.

The Empress Lilly

How could I forget Magic Journeys?!
Because the attraction is always a bit forgotten? It was a bit of a forgettable movie to be sure, saved for posterity by having one of the most astonishing Disney soundtracks. It will haunt your memories forever. (And your FW bathroom visits....)

Although....I did watch the movie not too long ago, and this time I was struck at how much I appreciate its free flowing abstraction. It was a worthy EPCOT Center endeavour, bold, artistic, like the entire park it created a dream.

Raineman

Original Poster
I love the Pirates song! The song feels ever more buried though. Usurped, like ride, by the movie music. An uneasy combination. A PI rates Life is both a good song and good background sountrack, atmospheric, it sets the tone.

Never really cared much for Grin Grinning Ghosts. I seem to be a minority in this regard amongst Disney fans.

TaGBBTomorrow is fine, but lacks a certain charm and musicality. It feels a bit forced. No surprise it was once replaced at WDW with Best Time of your Life. Which, however, ironically suffered from the same stiffness.

MK fan? =D
All my songs are EPCOT, yours MK, even predating the MK.
The queue for POTC would not be the same without that music, and I really hope they don't ever remove it from the queue and the town scenes. And, while I do love the Grim Grinning Ghosts version form the graveyard scene, the simpler, haunting version with the bells and the wind that is in the background for the early scenes, behind the voice of the Ghost Host, is my favourite version.

TwilightZone

Magic Journeys
Soarin over California
The Timekeeper
We seize the future (alien encounter)
Mad tea party
Journey into imagination (both area music and ride)
Journey into YOUR imagination/with figment (only area music for both, somewhat ride for YOUR imagination)
Honey, I shrunk the audience
Innoventions
World of Motions
The Land
Test Track (both versions)
Ellen's Energy Adventure

krueg66

How about a little Old School...20,000 Leagues queue music was pretty cool. My Grandmother used to always sing "If You Had Wings" from that ancient ride. So that sticks in my head to this day when I'm in Tomorrowland.

I'm also partial to Big Thunder Mountain's music.

DisneyFreak

It's Fun to be Free - World of Motion
Makin' Memories - Journey Into Imagination
Canada, You're a Lifetime Journey - Canada Pavillion
Energy, You Make the World Go Round - Universe of Energy

Basically anything from EPCOT Center's heyday.

DisneyFreak

I’ve got that too! Came attached to the 12” record sleve but was a cassette?

I've still got the vinyl version.

1534169329342.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom